New Jersey
Options

looking for a cheap but good photographer in new jersey

Hi Im getting married 2/14 and im looking for a photographer thats going to actually be affordable im only having a small wedding so i dont wanna spend a ton of money and ideas? i would love the help

Re: looking for a cheap but good photographer in new jersey

• Options
    What is your budget?  Keep in mind, though, you often get what you pay!  
  • Options
    Jenn7778Jenn7778 member
    First Answer First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    I was just going to ask what your budget was as well.  What you might think is "a ton of money" someone else might think is a very reasonable price for their photographer.

I am paying $3,800 which includes 2 photographers for the full day (no time limit), the rights to all photos, and a flash drive with all edited photos.  The album is an additional $850 and that includes 60 pages and 110 photos.  Other then my venue, this is the largest ticket item that I will have at my wedding with a total budget of $30,000.  For me, this was totally reasonable since I know the work that my photographer does is incredible...for someone else paying that much for a photographer might have been crazy and for others they might think that that is very inexpensive.

As Joan said, you get what you pay for, and the pictures and video are really the 1 thing that you will have to look back at and reminisce about that night.  From what I have heard it is going to be a whirlwind and I am probably going to miss out on a ton that goes on...so I wanted to make sure that I was left with awesome pictures to commemorate what will be the biggest night of my life to date. 
  • Options
    My sister was married last October and had a small wedding (35 people). She used Jason Rhee who had a lot of different packages to choose from. He was really nice and didn't make us feel weird at all that it was such a small wedding. He's been great to work with since as well. I am not sure exactly what she paid but she did not have a big budget. Good luck!
  • Options

This question is asked very often and was posed quite recently.  You'll find answers most quickly simply by doing a search of the forum.

Jason Rhee and Robert Wayne Photography (we contracted with Bob) are names that come up the most often.  They're both around the same price and both do good quality work.

• Options
    We are using Jason Rhee also. He was very flexible with his pricing and package.

Anniversary

• Options
    We ate searching for a photographer to. I found that prices for nj are high and that you should pick the photographer you want and cut costs elsewhere. We are currently deciding between 3 the Markows, kalen foley photography and Tyson Trish photography located in central, nj
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ctr24ctr24 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    @banana We are in the process of meeting photographers and had coffee with the Markows this past weekend. Awesome couple and love their work 
  • Options
    Jen who did u go with? I too am looking and have no idea where to start!
  • Options
    @Kasia304 I am using John Barone.  He is out of Philly but is totally worth it.  He does awesome work and I would have changed my date if he were not available.
  • Options
    We're on a tight budget, and are using Bernadette Marciniak Photography. She's a photojournalist, and we just love her work. Her prices were great too, and she does have a second shooter available for a small additional charge. https://www.facebook.com/BernadetteMarciniakPhotography
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    We're on a tight budget, and are using Bernadette Marciniak Photography. She's a photojournalist, and we just love her work. Her prices were great too, and she does have a second shooter available for a small additional charge. https://www.facebook.com/BernadetteMarciniakPhotography
    Where did you even find this photographer? She's not holding her camera properly in her bio picture.
  • Options
    @bereasonable2 do you ever say anything helpful or constructive on these boards? If you think something sounds "horrible" how about offering some suggestions as well.

Every post you write is like the post above and it makes you look less then classy and quite rude. I am not sure if you are just trying to push buttons with people but these boards are for brides looking for advice and helping each other out...not for rude, snarky comments from someone who has nothing to bring to the table!
  • Options
    Where is your wedding? We are getting married in Sussex County and using Kristen Rath (http://www.kristenrathphotography.com/). I found her because she had also shot weddings at our location. We has already taken our engagement photos with her and really loved the experience and the photos. Price is very reasonable and outlined on her website.  
  • Options

Hi! We used our amazing photographer - Callie for our 8/23 wedding last year. She had all wedding day shooting w/ 3 photographers in total for a great reasonable price. We also got our engagegement photos included in our package. She is in Northern Jersey & we highly recommend her!

http://www.theknot.com/Vendors/Callie-Ellen-Studios/Profile/PHO/073/593958/profile

Anniversary

Vacation
  • Options
    Technically in NYC (they will travel a certain distance within NJ), but I came across Smitten Chickens in my research and they have fair prices and nice pictures.  We didn't end up using them because we decided to spend a little bit more on another photographer who's pictures we absolutely loved, but they are definitely a great option for anyone.

They also offer videography and give you a discount on it if you do get their photography + videography package.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards