Favors

How much to spend on Wedding Favors?

I was wondering what you all thought was a good price/price range to spend on wedding favors per favor like $2, $3, $4 or $5?

Re: How much to spend on Wedding Favors?

• edited December 2011
    I think it really depends on your budget. I'm doing a candy buffet as my "favor" so I'm not sure how much that amounts to per guest. You should definitely go with edible favors, and those shouldn't be much more than $2-$3 per guest.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I agree with pp it depends on your budget,Figure out what you can afford to spend in total and divide that by the  amount of guests you will have..I did a candy buffet as my main favor,but then i did scented roses on each ceremony chair,A Spoonfull of kisses at each place setting and i also had gift bags for each guest filled with personalized hershey bars,mini bottles of wine,lotto tickets,wedding mints,and a thank you note....

• colstj1colstj1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto on it depending on your budget. I am planning on keeping it close to $1 a peice since I have 300 guests.
  • HeartmeHeartme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I have almost 300 guests myself. Are you planning on giving 1 favor per guest or 1 per couple?

• asialee2asialee2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For our favors we are doing beeswax votives, and instead of paying for them, I am trading designing a basic marketing plan for them. Its about 1.75ish per. 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing two favors of a sort.  At the ceremony there will be silk turqoise fans for the guests just in case it is hot (our ceremony is at 3pm the warmest part of the day so...).  Then at the reception we will have little silver photo frames ( I think at each place setting) for the guests as well.  We'll have our pic in them, but after the wedding the guests can always take us out if they don't really want a pic of us and put in one of their own b/c the frames aren't specifically wedding.  Needless to say the frames were $0.79 each and the fans were $0.99 each so less than $2.00 per person for two favors I thought was fantastic!

These fans are actually more of a turqoise than the light dusty blue they look in this pic.  This is the stock pic b/c I don't have my pic of the actual fans saved on my work pc.

imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • plato79plato79 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing $3 pp - 4 piece box of chocolates that we picked the flavors of. I'm a huge fan of edible favors, too, like PP. I have found that I threw out all other favors.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker June 3, 2011!
  • unplainjaneunplainjane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    there's no rule. as PP said whatever fits your budget. we were hoping to keep it at $2 a person but ended up spending $3 a person. we're just doing a little white bow box with 2 chocolate truffles.
  • beckys67beckys67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it all depends on your budget. I went with chocolate in little boxes.
  • rlawson24rlawson24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As I was also wondering the answer to this question and appreciate all the personal suggestions and ideas provided in the pps. 
    Do not worry about anything, but pray and ask God for everything you need, always giving thanks. And God's peace, which is so great we cannot understand it, will keep your hears and minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7 Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • HeartmeHeartme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, thank you all sooo much for all of your input it really helped a lot!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Where did you get the chocolate in little boxes? Is it like a truffle? I like the edible idea as well...
    December 2011 siggy challenge- Furbabies Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    We are spending about 1.50 per guest. We are making popcorn balls (my FI is a popcorn enthuisast) and heart shaped cookie cutters with a sugar cookie recipe attached ( i love to bake.)
  • edited December 2011

I am averaging about $3 per guest for 177 guests. Definitely do edible favors.

• daniandpetedaniandpete member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd like to fill a pint glass with SOMETHING WHITE...I'm thinking candy, but someone on another post pointed out that adults aren't going to eat/want that much candy...and it's not cheap to get candy in white.  :-\  ...any other ideas?  My FI can't eat popcorn, so I won't mention that...hehe...  I'm thinking maybe individually wrapped Lifesaver mints (they're delicious!)...any other ideas? 
  • I'm doing personalized M&Ms, I think I'm ending up spending about $2.50 per guest :)
  • I'm doing personalized M&Ms, I think I'm ending up spending about $2.50 per guest :)
    This post is almost 3 years old.  Please check the dates of the posts before responding.  The PPs aren't even around anymore.
  • I didn't make them myself but we did chocolate suckers (a friend did them as our wedding gift) but based on the cost of the different supplies, it probably cost her about $60.00 because I was with her when she bought most of the items. She made 130 suckers so the average price for our favors was $.46. If you want to round it up $.50 per guest. The odd thing is we had 130 suckers one put out on each plate and only had 115 people there (we had extra suckers made in case any broke) but there wasn't a signle sucker left at the end of the night. Me & my husband almost didn't get one for ourselves. They were very popular.
  • $5 is perfect per ppl. Why you can try to make Smores Kit!

This is Easy to assemble if you grab a couple of friends. This idea is inexpensive, nostalgic and simple and I think it looked really cute on the tables.

• We are doing apple cider donuts and it was 0.75 cents per donut!
  • @hellokellybean - zombie thread, can you please close?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards