Massachusetts-Boston

Lake View Pavilion fire

edited April 2014 in Massachusetts-Boston
Was anyone else planning their wedding here? A fire destroyed the building last night- the location of our upcoming September ceremony and reception. We heard the news this morning and had been fine, brainstorming alternatives, fielding phone calls and messages, etc. But now that its sunk in, I'm devastated... I'm glad we have 5 months to replan an alternative but I'm so sad knowing it won't be the wedding we had been dreaming of for the past year.... Any suggestions or similar stories? Have any couples in the same boat heard from Lake View Pavilion yet?

Re: Lake View Pavilion fire

• I'm so sorry that you were affected by the fire.  I hope that you will be able to find an alternative site to host your wedding.  Good luck!  
  • @richlaurenwedding - So sorry!  I've heard through the grapevine that Lakeview is working with venues as we speak to try to get a list of alternative venues for you.  Check their website out later today, but here is a message from Terry that was posted on our DJs FB page (for whatever reason, it doesn't include the venues)

--------------------Message from Terry------------------------
    We are devastated about the loss of the building in the fire last night but are so relieved that no one was injured. 

Our first priority right now is making sure that all of our Brides & Grooms and other special events are accommodated. We will be setting up a temporary office and should be up an running early this week. Until then, we will make every attempt to respond to your emails. 

In addition, beginning tomorrow, we will be posting updates on our website. Here is a partial list of area venues we have reached out to. We are in the process of compiling a calendar of which venues are available on all upcoming dates.
  • Hey Boston Knotties,

We created a dedicated FB page for brides who had planned to have their wedding at this venue...Here's the link-- https://www.facebook.com/events/237972556407473

• My friend has her August wedding booked at Lakeview Pavilion. She is now past the tears and onto searching for a new place that can hopefully accommodate her wedding date.

• If any couple that was suppose to get married at LPV and needs help reaching out to venues I am more than willing to help. As a bride to be, I can only imagine how devastating this is and I want to help any way I can.
  • Thank you everyone!!  We did hear back from LVP.  They plan to refund all deposits and are being very helpful with booking other venues.  We are looking at a place today, and a few others in the coming week.  Best of luck to everyone else affected by this!  LVP was a GORGEOUS venue, hopefully future brides and grooms will be able to enjoy it after its rebuilt, and dream about its potential as much as we did!!
  • Hi Lakeview couples, we are very sorry to hear of this tragic event and understand how stressful you all may be feeling. Currier & Chives is a full service catering company that is partnered with many venues throughout New England and we would be happy to help. We can help find a new venue, provide you with Rentals, Staffing, Expert Culinary team, Floral arrangements, specialty wedding cakes and much more! Please feel free to contact us directly @ sales@currier-chives.com or 978-897-3687

• If you're still looking, my venue posted that they had dates available and would work with couples affected by the fire. It's White Cliffs Country Club in Plymouth.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards