Illinois-Chicago

Gluten Free Help?

Hi Ladies, 

My fiance and I are planning an Oct. 2015 wedding and although it is well over a year away, we'd like to start looking at venues for our reception to get an idea.  Hoping to stay away from downtown Chicago and stay within the North/Northwest suburb area.  I have a gluten intolerance and with other members of our family who are celiac, we're looking at places that allow the use of outside caterers.  Does anyone have any recommendations on places to rent? Any caterers that were great at a good price? Gluten free bakeries?  Right now, we're estimating a wedding of 150.  Thanks much! :) 

Re: Gluten Free Help?

• My SIL really likes Rose's Bakery in Evanston for GF baked goods.

The Byron Colby Barn in Grayslake may offer you some flexibility.  "The modern catering kitchen and flexibility to choose caterers from our preferred vendor list or another professional caterer makes elegant weddings and parties easy."  They may be amenable to opening up their catering list to allow for a GF friendly caterer.

My daughter's reception was held at The Arboretum in Buffalo Grove.  Their staff is fantastic.  We had several guests who required a GF meal, and they easily accommodated us.  Have you considered a regular venue?  
  • We have about 8 family members including MOG, and MOH who have varying levels of gluten intolerance up to Celiac. My caterer is Food Evolution and a lot of the stuff being served is already GF.  Also, my bakery is More and they have a GF line that you can order ahead of time, and it is delicious.
  • We are doing the Fountain Blue in Des Plaines and they are TOTALLY working with us on Gluten Free plates for three of our guests. The venue is gorgeous, prices are reasonable and the service has been excellent. The food was amazing at the tasting. Getting married in two weeks. They've been around forever, it's a family biz and I'd highly recommend it.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards