Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Sandals St Lucia: helicopter vs. car airport transfer?

We have a butler suite at the Sandals Grande in St Lucia, so a private airport transfer is available. However,does anyone have any recommendations on taking the helicopter instead? It seems like a good idea..taking the trip from an hour and half drive through the mountains down to a 12 minute flight for only a couple hundred bucks. Am I missing something? Why would we NOT do this?

Re: Sandals St Lucia: helicopter vs. car airport transfer?

• Options
    I  am stuck between the two as well... I did read somewhere .. where I can not remember, but that the helicopter ride took more than just the few minutes it stated it would take. I guess depending on the pilot he may take the scenic route. 
  • Options

If you can afford the helicopter, i would do it...that sounds awesome and the sceney in St. Lucia is beautiful.  We were there for a wedding in December, and had a semi-private road transfer (mini-bus where the only occupants were guests for this particular wedding, so we all knew each other), and it was quite a long ride.  If you're already cranky from a long, early morning flight (me) it would be nice to cut that time down significantly. 

Does the helicopter land at the resort, or just at the smallr airport that is closer to the resort?  If it lands at the smaller airport, i can see it still taking 20-30 minutes to drive to the resort.

• Options
    Take the helicopter!  I went to St. Lucia, took the helicopter and packed my bathing suit in my carry on. I am terrified of heights, and the helicopter was scary, but in that time, I was able to see an aerial view of the Island, arrive at the hotel, have two pina coladas in the swim up bar and a little yahtzee with the FI (if you know what I mean)... all before the luggage came.  It was a great way to kickstart our trip.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards