Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

My MOH wants to do the same hair as me

So, I've been pretty easy going with my girls and what they wear to the wedding. I just asked my wedding party to send me their hair styles so the stylist can properly gauge  the time needed. So my MOH replies right away by telling me she wants it half up, half down and curled, and sends me a photo... it is exactly what I'm doing for my hair.

I'm not sure how to manage. She's brunette, I'm blonde, so we won't look exactly a like. But is it OK for me to want to tell her that she can do anything but that? Or am I out of line to dictate what she can or cannot do with her hair?

Re: My MOH wants to do the same hair as me

• I believe this was answered on another thread, in which the overwhelming response was it's no big deal. I'm leaving it up to my BMs to decide their hair styles. I cannot imagine dictating their hair styles. There's plenty to stress over, don't add this to the list!
  • I think it's fine to let her do her has however she wants. You are the bride, all eyes will be on you anyways.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • You will be in the big white dress while she won't.  You will also be the one reciting vows and getting married while she will just be standing there holding your bouquet.  So having the same hair really won't be a big deal and I doubt anyone will notice especially since you are blonde and she is brunette.  In the word of Frozen, let it go.

• I believe this was answered on another thread, in which the overwhelming response was it's no big deal. I'm leaving it up to my BMs to decide their hair styles. I cannot imagine dictating their hair styles. There's plenty to stress over, don't add this to the list!
    There's a lot of area between suggesting she do something different and dictating what she does do. I don't appreciate being accused of dictating that my girls do ANYTHING. Because I am not. They each picked their own dress, shoes, jewelry, etc. I haven't asked them to do anything or buy anything that they didn't want to. We've been in plenty of weddings together as children where we DID have matching hair- so fuck me for wanting to be different from her for my own wedding right?
  • Does your BM know that is how you are planning on doing your hair? If I was in a friend's wedding and I showed up with the same hairstyle as the bride I would feel bad about it. I know it shouldn't matter, but I would care. 
  • I don't think there is anything wrong with saying something like "That just shows how great minds think alike, I picked out the same hairstyle for myself."

I wouldn't be surprised then if she changed up her hairstyle knowing that. You're not asking her to change it, but I know if I were a BM and found out I picked out the same style as the bride, I would change mine to something else. And if she doesn't I'm guessing you'll have a veil and/or some sort of hair accessory like a clip or headbad which would give your hair a different look then yours.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards