Not Engaged Yet

BM Gift Help

So I spent an hour at the mall on Monday and an hour or so last night trying to find BM gifts, and I'm a bit stuck on the last part of the gift.  I got them all (there are 4) shawls to match their dresses since our church requires covered shoulders, I don't really consider that part of the gift though.  I plan to order next week for the girls Kate Spade wristlets for them, all the same one.  I wanted to get them one additional gift and spend about another $30 or so.  I wanted to do something different for each but it's becoming hard and may be it's easier to do something the same.  I though about a gift card to sephora, I thought about getting them some stuff bath and lotion stuff at Lush, or a gift card to a restaurant or a shot glass with their name engraved, or may be mixing up these ideas and doing one for each of them. 

Any other better ideas or suggestions? I thought about wine but I gave them all a gift of wine when I asked them to be a BM, unless I do that again.   I'm trying to plan this last part of the gift like a birthday present something different and unique to them.   

Anniversary

Re: BM Gift Help

• I was going to do all different gifts for my girls but it turns out they are all pretty similar, lol - I made them an awesome quilted wine tote (the colors are different) and filled it with their favorite bottle of wine - amazingly, none of us drank these wines at the wedding, haha.  I also got wristlets (but large wristlets?  they hold a bit more stuff than a normal wristlet) but they were all different, catered to their tastes/color preferences.

For ~$30 I would probably try to individualize the gifts.  Maybe a Sephora gift card to the one that loves make up or a nosebleed Yankees ticket for the Yankees fan (I'm not sure you can even get a Yankees ticket for $30 anymore and that makes me sad.) or a bottle of champagne for the champagne lover (this would be my mom) or a lululemon giftcard for the yoga/workout addict.

My sister got me a giftcard to Victorias Secret for being her bridesmaid and I thought it was pretty amazing lol.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    We're working on ideas for wedding party gifts. So far, I'm thinking nice bottles of scotch for the best men and one of the bridesmaids, and a spa gift certificate for my maid of honor. Still working on one more bridesmaid and a couple of other participants.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @Blue thanks for the ideas.  I like the idea of the VS gift card too.  Not sure about the Yankees ticket pricing sadly but it's something to look into! It's hard to come up with something diferrent and unique without going crazy too.

Anniversary

• PepperallyPepperally member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    I'm all for spa gift cards, or a gift card in general.  Since you are getting them a gift of the wristlet, then a cool thing to put inside would be a gift card, rather than trying to find another actual gift.  Just my two cents.  I've always liked receiving a combo of a gift and a gift card...best of both worlds.
  • I went with things that I would get them for their birthday or Christmas.  I did a cute set of personalized wine glasses for one, a Philosophy bath set for another, etc.
  • I like the idea of a gift card to personalize to their own liking.  It makes it pretty easy and it's something I can personalize to their own liking.

Anniversary

• @Sakalicious where did you get the personalized wine glasses from? That is a cute idea!

Anniversary

• I went to the Things Remembered website and you can customize it with an inscription.  My friend is a really big Beatles fan, so I inscribed "All you need is love."  I think you can also do initials or some symbols/pictures.
  • I don't know how popular Alex and Ani bracelets really are outside of my area, but that's what I'm doing for a part of my BMs gifts. Everyone loves them here. Definitely in the $30 range.
  • I got my BMs Alex and Ani bracelets as part of their gift and I think they all really loved them.
  • @500days I have heard of Alex & Ani bracelets.  I'm hesitant on the jewelry thing though, I don't want them to feel they have to wear it the day of the wedding and I don't want to buy something that may not be their style or they may not wear again.  I originally considered getting them this Tiffany's necklace I loved but opted against jewelry. 

Anniversary

• Now I want an Alex & Ani bracelet for myself!!!! They are really pretty.

Anniversary

• @peaseblossom55 Yes, I hear ya on the jewelry thing since some people are very particular. It's casual jewelry so I wouldn't worry about them wanting to wear it on the wedding day. Sounds like a special gift card put inside the wristlets would work well.
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    If you wanted to give jewelry, you could also do it after the wedding, so there's no misunderstanding about whether they're expected to wear it to the wedding.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @phira, very true I didn't think of that!

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards