Honeymoon Discussions

St. Lucia - Sandals La Toc

Anyone been to this resort? We are all booked to stay there on our honeymoon in May! So excited! Neither one of us have ever been to an all-inclusive either. Any recommendations? 

Re: St. Lucia - Sandals La Toc

• when is may are you going?!

• Went in October for HM. Loved it! As soon as you get there, book dinner reservations! We did not do this, and by the time we went to make them, we were only able to get into one restaurant at 9pm. We were able to go to Kimonos (however it's spelt!) and I recommend it! We had so much fun.  Make sure to let the front desk know that it is your honeymoon if you do not have the butler service.  We were able to get a bottle of champagne and breakfast in bed because we told them.   

You will need to get up early to get chairs, especially if you want one by the pool or one with an umbrella.  We always threw our towels on them, then headed to breakfast.  

We did 3 excursions: A sunset catamaran cruise, ziplining and Joes Knows.  I recommend all three! But Joes Knows was the best!!! You will hear people talking about it, and see the boats dropping people off at the beach with music going, rum punch flowing and everyone dancing.  It was so much fun and worth the $. 

If you have the $ to get butler service, i suggest you do it.  I wish we did this.  We thought it would be a waste of $, but everyone we talked to raved about it.  They save lounge chairs for you, make all your dinner reservations, bring you beers and water in a cooler, will bring you lunch, ect.  

If you are there on a Friday, go to the street party.  The food is great and the entertainment is awesome. We were pulled onto the "stage" to dance with the professionals! 

Have a great time!! I loved it there :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We just booked our honeymoon for this resort, too! We are going in mid-April. I can't stop thinking and daydreaming about it :) I would love to hear suggestions too.
  • Went in October for HM. Loved it! As soon as you get there, book dinner reservations! We did not do this, and by the time we went to make them, we were only able to get into one restaurant at 9pm. We were able to go to Kimonos (however it's spelt!) and I recommend it! We had so much fun.  Make sure to let the front desk know that it is your honeymoon if you do not have the butler service.  We were able to get a bottle of champagne and breakfast in bed because we told them.   

You will need to get up early to get chairs, especially if you want one by the pool or one with an umbrella.  We always threw our towels on them, then headed to breakfast.  

We did 3 excursions: A sunset catamaran cruise, ziplining and Joes Knows.  I recommend all three! But Joes Knows was the best!!! You will hear people talking about it, and see the boats dropping people off at the beach with music going, rum punch flowing and everyone dancing.  It was so much fun and worth the $. 

If you have the $ to get butler service, i suggest you do it.  I wish we did this.  We thought it would be a waste of $, but everyone we talked to raved about it.  They save lounge chairs for you, make all your dinner reservations, bring you beers and water in a cooler, will bring you lunch, ect.  

If you are there on a Friday, go to the street party.  The food is great and the entertainment is awesome. We were pulled onto the "stage" to dance with the professionals! 

Ugggh, I hate these resorts that you have to get up at the crack of dawn just to get a chair.  Vacation is supposed to be relaxing!  
  • JoanE2012 said:
    Went in October for HM. Loved it! As soon as you get there, book dinner reservations! We did not do this, and by the time we went to make them, we were only able to get into one restaurant at 9pm. We were able to go to Kimonos (however it's spelt!) and I recommend it! We had so much fun.  Make sure to let the front desk know that it is your honeymoon if you do not have the butler service.  We were able to get a bottle of champagne and breakfast in bed because we told them.   

Ugggh, I hate these resorts that you have to get up at the crack of dawn just to get a chair.  Vacation is supposed to be relaxing!  
    We are both early risers and were up by 8am, so it wasn't too bad... but I agree! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are going here in November 2014! 
    We are so excited and all of our friends that have gotten married have gone there!

We are also getting a butler suite because even though it's a little pricey they literally do everything for you....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!
  • We just booked our HM to this resort for late Oct/early Nov :)  Can't wait!  And sooo excited to finally have made a decision so now I can just dream about being there haha.
  • We just booked our HM here for the end of June! Literally counting down the days until sun and relaxation...especially since this winter has been such a killer.
  • I just booked my weddingmoon there yesterday! SO excited. Unfortunatley it's not until June of 2015 but I will look forward to hearing your reviews :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards