March 2015 Weddings
Options

Planning

So I'm curious, what all do you other March 2015 brides have planned so far?? We have our venue and deposit paid there, in talks about menu, bar, etc... We did cake tastings and picked our bakery but nothing "official" yet, same with a florist. Working on centerpiece ideas and general decor. Going to 2 bridal shows this month and hoping to pick a DJ. I'm consuming myself with honeymoon planning...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Planning

• Options
    So far I'm just getting an idea of how much things cost and such. We do know the venue we want, which will be booked soon. What I really like about the venue is it includes open bar, food, chair covers, table linens. my friend is going to be the photographer (free), my FI friend will be the dj (free). I only have about a $5000 budget so can't really do anything "grand" but will still be able to have a great wedding day! Oh I'm excited!!!
  • Options
    Are you doing a lot of DIY things?? I would love to see pics. Small budget doesn't mean it'll be anything less than perfect!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We have our venue picked and will hopefully be signing the contract next week. It includes food, bar and cake. I'm just starting to look into everything else. I'm planning to go to a bunch of bridal shows this month. I'm hoping to decide which vendors I want then book them at bridal shows so I can get the discounts haha.
  • Options
    I plan on making the centerpieces and the favors....oh, and my aunt is going to make the cake for us too
  • Options
    We have a lot of things picked out but nothing really paid for yet.  We're waiting a little while longer to start saving some money/paying off some debt.  There are so many options in the area we are in that I like.  I'm not worried about losing the venue.
  • Options
    wow. we have a day. oh and iI know thecolors,because theyare my fave. coukd change but iI doubt it.
  • Options
    Wow, now I feel a little behind.  We've looked at venues and hope to put down a deposit by next month.  I'm doing silk flowers so all my bridesmaid's bouquets and groomsmen's boutonnieres are done.  I've also been pursuing re-sale wedding website for cheap decor. I've also settled on mint, marigold and grey for our beach wedding.
  • Options
    I'm a teacher so I used winter break to get ahead on things :) and we live in Vegas so a lot of places book up super fast. A lot of our vendors were well in to bookings for 2015! I feel like it seems so far away but will creep up on us before we know it...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @tcnobel, any suggestions for best dates and places to go to a bachelorette party in Vegas? I already know I want to go to Thunder from Down Under and the Bellagio Buffet but are there any hidden gems on the strip I can pass on to my MOH?
  • Options
    There are pole dancing classes that you might find fun! Ummm Fremont street is always interesting, just lots of street performers and the big light show they do every hour, plus it's free. Fashion Show mall, amazing shopping! If you're in to Pawn Stars go stop by their shop. As far as dates, I would try and go when it's not super hot. Spring and fall are generally comfortable. Pools typically open April 1 and close in October? I think. Check vegas.com for deals on hotels, shows, and dining. If you are in to night clubs, Marquee at the cosmopolitan and Hakkasan at MGM get rave reviews, Hakkasan is also a restaurant I believe.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We have paid deposits for: the church, reception venue, photographer, band, and second line band (new orleans thing). New Orleans does book up fast. Especially in March because the weather is usually awesome!
    I have my colors picked out (royal blue, gold and ivory) and we know which bakery we are using, just haven't picked out flavors/styles of wedding cake but the groom's cake will definitely be a king cake! Don't have a florist, dresses or any paper goods yet. Working on hotel room blocks right now. Headache!
  • Options
    I have nothing done yet! AH! LOL

• Options
    We got engaged in November but didn't get much finally figured out until now. Already went through other wedding dates, ceremony sites, and reception venues to get to where we're at today but we're happy. Picked ceremony and reception sites and am just barely scheduling the meetings to do contracts and pay deposits. 
  • Options
    I have a ton done!

Venue is booked (food, cake included, bar, etc) which is also where we're having our ceremony annnd it's a hotel so a lot was covered in one shot there! They do group tastings so we just have to wait to get notified when it's going to be.
    Officiant is booked.
    Photographer was booked and then she backed out on us! Found another photographer who I'm so much more in love with and booked him so starting early worked out for us there. :)
    Videographer is booked.
    DJ is booked.
    We're doing wooden bouquets & boutonnieres so we've made the first deposit on those. Now we just wait to get picture updates on how they're coming along!
    My dress has been bought!

Going to be scheduling an appointment for my ladies to try on dresses for next month or so..

Decor-wise we have 38 mason jars, 2 lanterns (that we might end up not using! I'm having a hard time finding ones I like that aren't crazy expensive), and some Ikea frames for bathroom & signature drink signs. Centerpieces are going to be lanterns & mason jars, DIYed! Having a hard time with finding lanterns, like I said, and in the mason jars we'll probably have some candles and then maybe do baby's breath in bulk from Costco or something?!! Undecided on that.

I found invitations I like on Etsy and I'd like to do all of the printing and assembling myself, so those are sort of DIY lol. I'm on the hunt for frames so I can start making chalkboards. 

Right now I'm realllly looking into honeymoon spots! 

• Options
    ^^ wow! thats a ton! iI have my date and pretty sure my colors.
  • Options
    @gcwoolwedding LOVE how much you already have done!! Makes me feel better because I feel so ahead with planning and people think I'm nuts for having so much done already. We can't come to any resolution on center pieces. We are meeting with a florist in two weeks and hope she will have some ideas. I don't want to spend thousands for floral centerpieces but I want something unique. Where are you thinking for honeymoon?? That's been my favorite planning so far :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @tcnoble Thanks!! People keep telling me I'm nuts too! It's sort of annoying now after hearing it so much, lol. 

What does your venue look like or is there a general direction you're going in right now?! Centerpieces are a pain and sooo expensive, I had no idea! 

I'm sort of clueless on the honeymoon! I was looking at Punta Cana and there were a few resorts that I read really good reviews for but I need to keep doing my research. What about you!? Any places looking better than others? :) 
  • Options
    @gcwooldwedding we live in Vegas so vendors are already booking 2015, so while everyone thinks I'm jumping the gun, in reality I'm right on track! Our reception venue is really neat - lots of white, very clean and elegant looking on its own, with overhead string lights, white antler chandeliers (which totally suit FI and I).. The venue offers a lot ion it's own so I don't feel like we need to do extravagant center pieces, but the venue is pretty big and high ceilings so we don't want the tables to seem too bare or smaller simple centerpieces to be swallowed up by the space. We are going for a rustic elegance vibe though. So many decisions!! Honeymoon planning is my favorite!!! Punta Cana is our #2, with the Iberostar Grand being our resort of choice... But we recently decided we could extend our budget a little so St. Lucia is currently the front runner :) we likely won't be booking that till September though, which is a bummer because I of course would like to book it ASAP!! lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    you guys are lucky that your going on a honeymoon. 
  • Options
    My mom won a DJ's services, so we have that. And I have a dress. We have colors chosen and should be signing contract for a venue this week. It's been a bit interesting planning from 500 miles away, but once we have the venue, there are lots of things already settled: cake, centerpieces, florist, catering.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    biojessbiojess member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2014
    @gcwoolwedding  
    We are also totally clueless on honeymoon ideas right now. We haven't even decided if we want activities or chill time, mountains or beach. I'm about ready to just throw darts at a board to narrow down the search.
    How did y'all decide where to look?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @biojess we first decided a budget, then what was important to us. I wanted tropical all inclusive, he wanted a location with lots of food and excursions and water sports. We both wanted Caribbean, no desire for Hawaii. So just have that conversation.. determine budget, how long you're willing to fly, what aspects are important, etc :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @thegowoman You're not the only one who's feeling a little behind. I love your colors, btw!
  • Options
    We've actually got a lot done so far. We've signed the contract for the venue (ceremony & reception in same place) and the caterer. Signed contract for the photographer and the DJ. I'm still deciding between 2 day of coordinators, but once I make a decision we'll have that contract signed as well. We wanted to get the big things out of the way so we could have some breathing room.
  • Options
    Our planning is at a total standstill, and I feel so behind! We're having trouble getting in touch with somebody at one of the venues we're considering (stupid zoo ...) and are in a holding pattern until then. And by holding pattern, I mean I'm having regular fits of stress trying to figure out what to do!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards