Wedding Woes

Friday!

I feel like this week flew by.

I've got to call the doctor to try to get DD1 in this morning.  She stayed home from school yesterday, complaining of neck and ear pain.  The way she described it, I originally thought she had slept wrong and gotten a stiff neck.  She had woken me up 3-4 times the night before, so she didn't get much sleep.  So on our way home from taking Son to school, she starts puking in the van.  Yuck.  She ended up puking a few more times yesterday.  This morning, she's complaining of cheek pain.  I'm suspecting ear infection, but I really don't know.  None of my kids has ever had one.

We have a lot of baseball this weekend and that's about the extent of our plans (pending the results of the doctor visit).

What are you up to?

Re: Friday!

• Poor DD1.  I hope she's better soon. 

DH is turning down the offer today and we're hoping that they'll counter.  Yay negotiation.  ;)

We're going to visit SIL and BIL this weekend in Knoxville.  Two OOT trips in one week, gah.  :)  We're crazy. 
  • My morning was made hilarious by this: http://youtu.be/mZzt21t2NEo

I have a feeling that this is what today is going to be like at work, but at least it's Friday.

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

MIL and  sFIL are coming today.  I made the mistake of suggesting the zoo.  You would have thought I had suggested a ritual sacrifice. Whatever, if they want to sit around while sFIL takes a nap that's on them.

Tonight I'm supposed to be getting a hair cut, but DH might be late.  I already had to switch stylists because my "normal" one has a funeral.  Normal is in quotes because I've seen her all of 7 times in 2 years.

Tomorrow we are having friends over to play and grill.  It should be fun.  DH and the guy went to hs and college together.  They have 2 kids and the mom started staying home last year.  She and I have gotten close during playdates.

Sunday is a 40th party for one of my new friends.  She loved the drink I made for Bunco so I'm getting her a fifth of gin and the recipe.  She's a gm for a restaurant and wants to put it on her menu.  I wonder if I should ask for royalties.

In baseball news DH is volunteering to assistant coach.

• Today's office day for SOP training **vvvvvv**. I just need today to be done.

Past that, not sure what I'll be up to this weekend. My San Fran trip is next week, so I need to pack and prep for that, figure out things to do/see if the opportunity arises.

Is it bad that I already scouted out the nearest IKEA??
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Today's office day for SOP training **vvvvvv**. I just need today to be done. Past that, not sure what I'll be up to this weekend. My San Fran trip is next week, so I need to pack and prep for that, figure out things to do/see if the opportunity arises. Is it bad that I already scouted out the nearest IKEA??

I want an IKEA so badly. I am just not willing to go to Atlanta or Cincinnati to get awesome Swedish furniture :|.

• I'm exhausted by this week.  Work right now is war.

I was supposed to go to a game day and a poetry slam on Saturday, but I think I'm going to huddle inside, do some grocery shopping, cooking, reading and just generally realign myself mentally and physically.
  • 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    This week flew by for me too.  I was very very busy.  We have a HUGE job being bid next week and it's kind of help right now.  I'm also trying to catch up on regular monthly billing and costing...bleh.

Sadly, H's gma passed away last night after having several health issues the past year or so.  So it will be a family heavy few days.  I am supposed to travel OOT for a race (that I likely won't run) so we'll see what H thinks about that.  Or if I should just stay home if he wants me here for all of the family stuff.  So basically....NO IDEA what my weekend will look like.
  • Oh goodness, I just have to say sorry about DD1. I hated ear infections and got them waaay too often

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards