May 2014 Weddings

when to arrive?

we are having a family only ceremony (about 30 people) - but friends are invited to the reception (total invited about 150). As most of our guests are coming to the reception only, when should we arrive? Should we already be there when our guest arrive to greet them - or do we "make an entrance" ?

The controlling part of me wants to be there already so i can make sure the room is set up as i have imagined. But the part that says(sings) "let it go" and let others handle those little things says we should make an entrance...

your thoughts?

PS
not to be rude - but please don't comment on how we should have invited everyone to the ceremony (as i have heard on other boards) - i am honoring my FH in doing a family only ceremony as he does not like to be the center of attention. He would have prefered to only have us, his kids & the our Pastor!

Re: when to arrive?

•  I think you should let it go, and make a grand entrance like the royal family! Lol.
  • Make the grand entrance! When else in your life can you do something like that!
  • This is coming from someone who is a total control freak and not having a grand entrance: I think you should have the grand entrance!!! I wish I could make myself comfortable enough to do that, but I'm not. You seriously won't ever get another chance to do something like that.
  • Make a grand entrance

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    grand entrance!
  • so i think this is what we are gonna do - arrive a little early, to see the place before the guest arrrive but hang out in what the venue calls the bridal room until after our guests arrive and then make the grand entrance!!

I got my FI to agree to this (he HATES being the center of attention & a grand entrance is not something he'd want) because he just made a big (and kinda selfish) purchase without telling me about it before hand and was feeling guilty - since we are so close to becoming husband & wife and we should be discussing an major purchases - so i told him a grand entrance was his "punishment" ;)

• Grand entrance!

FWIW, i think based on your guest numbers at the ceremony vs reception what you are doing is completely fine.  A family only ceremony with 30 followed by a reception with 150 is totally good etiquette-wise.  A family only ceremony of 30 with a reception of 50 would be offensive.  Basically as long as your family-only ceremony has an absolute maximum of 25% of your reception total, i think just about anyone would sign off on your plans. :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards