Wedding Reception Forum

Where can I find natural material linens to rent?

Our wedding is 9/20 in the woods, and I'm having a really hard time finding linens made of actual linen or other natural materials. Anything with poly or shine will just not match the location. The closest I've come is Wildflower Linens (but the sample still seems to have a weird shine to it), and am waiting for samples from La Tavola. 

Does anyone have any recommendations? Just looking for a simple, light blue color in a natural fabric. Thanks so much! 

Answers

• You're overthinking this. No one is going to notice (or even know) whether the linens are natural material or poly. But if you're stuck on this detail, your local board will provide better advice about local rental companies.
  • Linen tablecloths are very expensive and very high maintenance!  They must be carefully laundered, starched and pressed, often in a mangle.  I doubt very much if anyone will have these to rent when polyester blends are so easy to launder.
    This should not be so important to you.  Nobody will notice or care.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • CMGragain said:
    Linen tablecloths are very expensive and very high maintenance!  They must be carefully laundered, starched and pressed, often in a mangle.  I doubt very much if anyone will have these to rent when polyester blends are so easy to launder.
    For serious. Linen would make a terrible linen! :) What about going to a fabric store and buying some cheap muslin and hemming it? You'll get the rustic look you want and it'll still be cheaper than buying natural material linens of any kind. Napkins should probably be real cotton napkins though.
    This is me reading threads on TK
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards