Wedding Invitations & Paper

Reception wording

My reception site requires all guest to show the original invitation to gain entrance pass the gate, how can i word that on the invitation???

Re: Reception wording

• Are you having your wedding on a military base?  If so I would say something like "The venue requires all guests to bring their invitation to gain entrance to the installation."  I would put this at the bottom of your reception card.  I would also put it on your wedding website if you have one and spread it via word of mouth.

I would also be tempted to have extra copies of the invitation at the ceremony location just in case someone forgets theirs at home.

• How about something along the lines of "Name of venue requires that you present this invitation for admission"?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Schatzi13 said:
    Can the venue admit with ID, e.g., if people forget the invitation at home? Guests will probably still be carrying ID, even if they forget the invite.
    Yeah this. See if it's possible to give them a guest list they can check ID's against. That's a better form of secure admittance anyway.
  • Are you having your wedding on a military base?  If so I would say something like "The venue requires all guests to bring their invitation to gain entrance to the installation."  I would put this at the bottom of your reception card.  I would also put it on your wedding website if you have one and spread it via word of mouth.

I would also be tempted to have extra copies of the invitation at the ceremony location just in case someone forgets theirs at home.
    Definitely bring extras.....guaranteed you'll have some people who forget to bring theirs!  
  • You might try posting this on the military board.  They should know.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards