Snarky Brides

NWR-Relationship Advice (Update)

2»

Re: NWR-Relationship Advice (Update)

• raeah219 said:
    I was really hoping somebody in the world would say, "There is hope. Stick it out.He is making an effort, its just not a huge effort. Appreciate the things that he IS doing." Those are things I'm telling myself. Everybody else in my life is agreeing with all of the things you ladies said. Its time for me to wake up and realize that I deserve better. Hopefully once I'm gone he will step up and realize that I deserve better and he will become better, but if not, I will be ok. 

Thanks ladies for all of your words, I need all the support and I can gather at this point because this is the hardest thing I've EVER done.  
    My sister left her husband a little over a year ago. She took the kids and moved out of "his" house. He's a huge jerk and always had been. She spent months telling anyone who would listen what happened in their marriage looking for advice. She was looking for just one person to tell her that she should stay with him and try to make it work. Nobody told her that and it devastated her because she knew they were right, but she just couldn't let go.

They attempted counseling, but her husband told her that he didn't think there was anything wrong with him and she was the one who needed to change to fit into his life. They argued and fought and then he would do a couple little nice things to just leave her hanging on. She finally divorced him, but he is still nice enough to her that she hangs on. They spend time together and act like they're dating each other one day and the next day they are at each other's throats. He gives just enough to get what he wants out of her. It's emotional abuse and it is seriously taking a toll on her. It breaks my heart to watch her go through that for a guy who very clearly does not love her the way that she loves him. Please don't put yourself through this. You're going to waste so much time and energy on this guy and he's not willing to do the same for you.

I know that it's hard to let go, but after the heartache heals you will be so much happier and it will give you the opportunity to find someone who truly loves you.
  • @raeah219  I'm so sorry you're being put through this.  I would be lying if I said I could relate, but I do know that you deserve much, much better.  You are strong and all-deserving of respect and love, and I sincerely hope that you & your son will heal soon.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Mr. Bean Flipping the Bird
  • I'm so sorry, sweetie. I wish there were a magic want I could wave to make things better for you.

I hope that you find happiness soon, because you really deserve much better than somebody who wants to keep you on a leash to show off, but never commit to you.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • doeydo said:
    It takes two people to make a relationship work.  It sounds like he isn`t willing to put in any effort.  The fact that your therapist says he is emotionally checked out and that the relationship is not healthy says a lot, IMO.
    I agree with this 100%
  • It sounds like he has said he's checked out, it just isn't what you want to hear. Sorry :(
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Update ^^^^^^^
  • Ugh. I'm so sorry. At least you know for sure now, and he's not stringing you along anymore. Stay strong and just focus on how much better off you'll be someday when you don't have a cold, distant husband to deal with. I'd give you a giant hug if I could.

• I doubt he doesn't care at all... He's just probably already done his grieving or else he's holding it all inside like he seems to do with his feelings, based on your descriptions. It's better to rip the bandaid off now than drag it out any longer. Are you breathing any easier knowing you've made a decision?

Also, I'd suggest making an extra appointment with a therapist ASAP to talk about how you are going to deal with your son's feelings in all this.
    This is me reading threads on TK
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sorry it didn't work out. At least now you know and can move forward in a healthy way for you and your son. And he can, too.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I am so sorry to hear of this. It's true that some days will be better than others. Some days you will feel you've made the right decision, and other days, you'll feel so much that you want him back.  Just try to keep reminding yourself that when one door closes, another door opens. It will take time, years perhaps, but the right person IS out there and you WILL find each other when you are ready. Take this time for yourself and appreciate the good things that are out there in this world! Try to focus on the positive. I'll be sending you positive thoughts :)
  • I'm so sorry. But at least now you know.

(((HUGS)))
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • I'm so sorry.
  • I'm so sorry. Based on your update, it doesn't sound like he thinks you are serious.
  • I'm so sorry. You're doing the right thing for you and your son. Sending you lots of hugs, and we're all here for you.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I'm so sorry. I agree it sounds like he probably doesn't think you're serious. That's a really weird reaction. Please remember why you made this decision and don't go back on it. Hugs for you.
  • You're doing the right thing.  It's going to hurt, and that's ok.  But one day it's going to stop hurting and you'll realize you are stronger and happier than before, because you no longer have someone there to hurt you.  It hurts to lose someone, but in the long run it will make you much happier to not have someone in your life who causes you so much pain.  You'll notice a huge weight has been lifted off your shoulders and you are now free to pursue happiness.

I think you should continue going to therapy to help you handle your emotions and release your negative emotions in a positive way.  It is absolutely ok to feel sad and I think it is healthy to allow yourself to feel that way.  Whatever you do don't bottle it up, you will only make the healing take longer.  And I think, given the nature of your situation, you should take some time to really focus on yourself, as much as you can while taking care of your son.  Spoil yourself a bit.  Take any money you had set aside for wedding things and use it to spoil yourself.  Whatever makes you happy.  Just focus on you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards