Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Package delivery while away?

We're getting married in September and have been creating registries.  It just occurred to me that we might still be receiving gifts while we're away the week after our wedding.  Does anyone know if UPS and/or FedEx will hold packages for delivery on a specified date?  I know I can do this through USPS, but no idea about UPS or FedEx and their websites haven't been helpful.  Thanks!

Re: Package delivery while away?

• Options
    No idea about stopping mail,but why not just update your registry to packages shipped to someone elses house?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Not sure.  Do you have a neighbor who can look out for packages for you?   I had our condo's office manager do that for me.  They were in the house when we got home.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    We might end up asking our neighbor to keep a lookout.  We're already asking our parents to do a lot as far as set up for the wedding, so I don't want to overly burden them by having things sent to their house, even though I'm sure they would if we asked.
  • Options
    Just ask one of your neighbors. Our neighbors got married and then went on a two week honeymoon. H and I just kept a lookout and anytime we saw a package we would grab it and put it in our garage. No big deal.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards