Ohio-Cleveland

cassaBcassaB member
First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
edited April 2014 in Ohio-Cleveland
I know everyone says you shouldn't get married unless you can afford it, but I frankly don't care what they say. I want my wedding next year...but were coming a little short on funds...anyone have any advice?!

Re: .

• mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    You have the wedding you can afford. If this means heading to the courthouse, then that's what you. Maybe you can do a bit more and have a minister come to a free park area with a couple of close family members and friends and go to dinner afterwards, then that's great. You create your own bouquet, use an iPod instead of a DJ, you have a friend photograph your wedding, you forego a regular cake and use a sheet cake, or maybe you don't have a wedding party so you don't have to buy gifts. Bottom line: You have the wedding you can afford.
  • I don't think I can help you with what you're looking for because we paid cash for our entire wedding, but if you are looking for some ideas on how to save money, have you checked out the Budget and DIY board?
  • When you say next year you mean 2015 correct? There is plenty of time to pick up an extra job and I would do it asap. Hopefully you have a budget and know what you are spending. Make up the difference with a part time job or cut back. @mlg78 had good suggestions for doing so. 
    Anniversary

imagebam.com
  • Big tip, don't invite more people then you can afford, when you do that, they will all rsvp YES. Second, don't think you'll recoop your money with gifts. IF and that's a big IF, you may get 1/3 or 1/2 of what you spent on your wedding. Trying to keep your guest list small & keeping things simple will help. There are some wedding group facebook groups in the area where there are always brides selling their dresses. Start checking out vendors now because the good ones that are affordable book up fast. My SIL who is a professional photographer is already booking dates for 2015. Decide what is important to you and what you can live without and start from there. Google & the internet can be your best friend in the wedding planning process.
  • Also...go to bridal shows, I am on a budget for my wedding and the savings that you get from going to those shows helps a TON!

• ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Chalatek1 said:
    I know everyone says you shouldn't get married unless you can afford it, but I frankly don't care what they say. I want my wedding next year...but were coming a little short on funds...anyone have any advice?!
    If you don't care, why don't you take out a whopping loan and enjoy married life in debt?
  • Look at off-season dates. We got married at the end of November and our cake, photographer, DJ all gave us discounts since they are less busy. Our venue (Springvale Ballroom) also gave us Friday night pricing even though we booked a Saturday date, saving us a few dollars per guest. 
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    You also seem like you don't want to shop at David's Bridal for some reason based on your other post. Shopping at DB is a great way to save money. I got a $700 dress half off and they have others for much, much less. If money is an issue, I don't know why you'd go somewhere other than DB unless you found some awesome clearance deal or you were buying a used dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards