Wedding Reception Forum

After party food cart?

Thinking about renting a sausage cart for after the reception is over but not sure of the logistics.. Fiancé made a good point that if it's too early people may leave to go outside and not cone back in. What are other couples doing for food and after party?

Re: After party food cart?

•  I know lots of people have late-night food at their receptions, but I've never heard of post-reception food being offered, or an after party of any sort. I've also heard of the bride & groom hitting up a bar with guests too, but I always figured the reception was the only party. Our reception ended at 1AM, and there was no way I was wanting to go out again after that. That being said, if there had been a hotdog cart, I'd likely have been all over that! :P A wedding I went to a few years ago, had hotdogs served inside around 10-11PM, as their late-night food. You could always go that route, vs a hotdog cart, to keep guests inside? I'd do that, vs renting the cart, if hotdogs were what I wanted. 

*J
  • That's a good idea. We're looking at renting a hot dog steamer and pretzel holder/warmer. The prices for that are reasonable and we will have it setup for the last hour of the reception. 
    I think we definitely want a late night snack though since our reception wraps up at 11:30 and there aren't any places open after that for delivery except maybe some Chinese food. 
  •  Ya, I think having the stations set up inside is a great, & better idea! Guests can continue to enjoy the festivities, and grab something to eat as well. It's likely less expensive too! :)

*J
  • I have seen a lot of things handed out when people are leaving the reception. Hotdog and pretzel cart at the valet, bagels for the next morning. I have also seen a pizza truck show up. They are always a big hit and people love the surprise. Don't tell your guests ahead of time. People will be talking about it afterwards.
  • aja319aja319 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Well my venue just told me not to the sausage cart :( Boo so I'm assuming that's probably a no to the pizza truck as well. Looks like we might be going with pretzels and hotdogs or we could have lots of pizza's delivered too. hmm..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards