Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Potentially stupid question

This really could end up being a stupid question but I've asked friends/family and nobody really seems to know an answer.

We will be registering this summer. We have a few places picked out that we would like to register at. Now, how do you register at multiple places? Do you register for the same items at 2-3 different places? Do you register for different items at all places? Only register at one place that has (almost) everything you would want?

This seems like it should be fairly simple but for whatever reason my brain is complicating it.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Potentially stupid question

• Options

You can absolutely register at multiple stores. Although I wouldnt do more than 3. But dont rgister for the same things at different stores. Then you will have a ton of returns/ exchanges. I registered at 2 stores. The first store I registered for china, nice stemware and higher quality pots and pans. At the second store I regsitered for everyday use stuff.

And yes, if you find one store that has everything you want, then its okay to only register at one store.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Everything @KatWAG said.

I registered at 3 stores, and I did a mix of items at each store (crate and barrel we did flatware and serving pieces, Target was linens, misc kitchen and a local department store was crystal and appliances). The nice thing is with online management, you can look at everything together and edit or add from home.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Multiple places are nice when there's different selection at each (i.e. high end kitchen vs cute housewares vs utilitarian everyday goods) or you have a local niche store and a nationwide big box store. 

Definitely don't put the same thing on two registries. Nobody's going to be standing in Walmart checking to see if anyone has bought you the item at Target. 

• Options
    I would definitely recommend registering for 2-3places, one of them being amazon. We did Macy's, William Sonoma and amazon...for things you can't get else where.. Cooler, drill set, unique kitchen accessories, wine cooler, anything.!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards