Wedding Reception Forum

Venue Regrets? Overthinking already...

Hi all, I chose my wedding venue and signed the contract this past Friday. My fiance and I had been searching since Jan of this year and I was ready to make a choice. The location is in Sonoma, Ca and we got a really good deal. It is a gorgeous setting similar to a Tuscan courtyard. However, I think I am psyching myself out! I keep having second thoughts, even though I can't really pinpoint why! The food is guaranteed to be good-I know the chef and it will easily fit our guets list of about 125, with room to spare. Has anyone had random second thoughts that they can't really figure out? I don't even know what "else" I would want-just scared since we already paid the deposit and for 80% of the attendee's meals.

Re: Venue Regrets? Overthinking already...

• I've been taught to reassure people multiple times when I'm selling them on a big purchase, because many people react to dropping a lot of money (to them, of course, I've seen some people spend what to me is a huge amount and to them was pocket change) with immediate regret even if it's what they wanted. So you love the place, right? And I'm guessing most if not all of your deposit is nonrefundable anyway. Can you do a tasting soon for your menu? I bet that would help reassure you that it's the right choice.
  • You are probably just nervous b/c it feels so final and what if there is a place you missed out there you like better. It's like the dress.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    AddieCake said:
    You are probably just nervous b/c it feels so final and what if there is a place you missed out there you like better. It's like the dress.
    This. 

Also, when you saw the venue, what did it look like? Was it pretty bare? Try to find some photos of weddings held there. I bet seeing the setting in a wedding element will reassure you you made the right choice. 
  • I've had second thoughts about just about EVERYTHING. There's so much pressure for everything to be perfect, and there's only exactly one specific way for that to happen. Just keep reminding yourself that THAT'S BULLSHIT.

You made a decision, you had good reason to make that decision, and now you can move on to the next one. I make this comparison a lot... you aren't still checking out other people to marry, so stop checking out other venues/dresses/etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards