Chit Chat
Options

Just want to tell people who will care!

So, I'm trying extra hard not to be the "wedding girl" of my friends. Especially since we have one in the group already this year. I know no one cares as much about my wedding as me. But…. I just want to tell someone how excited I am about my last weekend. 

My mom and I drove from IN to Hilton Head, where we're having my DW. I got: menu, timeline, welcome dinner, flowers, cake (mmmm cupcakes!), GM attire, photography timeline, AND the first draft of my summer tan accomplished!! Also have some really solid ideas on centerpieces. Already have dress, BM dresses, DJ, and hotel reservations settled, so I'm feeling pretty solid. 

I'm elated and so much less stressed. I also got to spend 96 consecutive hours with my darling mother. Which was plenty! Seriously we are the best of friends, but MAN! That's a lot of time with one person! In any case I'm relieved and VERY glad to be back at home!

However, FI is at a basketball game with friends so I'm drinking warm wine (it's all I had, rest of the bottle in freezer now) and watching HGTV. :) Happy Monday!!

PS. Sorry for all the exclamation points. Sometimes wine makes me excited.

Re: Just want to tell people who will care!

• Options
    I know how you feel. Congrats on getting all of that done!!

image   image   image

• Options
    Congrats!! It's such a great feeling to get thing crossed off the to-do list.
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    Congrats on all of the happy planning! And good job not being "the wedding girl", it's very considerate to your friends!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Also: I should credit where credit is due. FI and FILs (parents, grandparents and great aunt/uncle) came to our house this weekend and cleaned, did all the laundry, and built a brand new deck in our backyard. My day off tomorrow that WAS going to be spent cleaning is now open! 

ETF: bad spelling. I'll blame excitement, but perhaps it should be the wine...
  • Options
    Whoop whoop! Love checking boxes!

• Options
    Woohoo! Enjoy it!

It's hard to avoid being wedding girl! I struggle with it- part of why I like being on here so much!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    That is really exciting. I'm glad you had such a great time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Hooray! I'm glad you had a productive weekend. It feels great to make so much progress on wedding planning. 
  • Options
    Congrats on getting so much done! You sound a lot like me-- our wedding is in my hometown and every few weeks we will go home for a wedding planning visit. Every Monday morning following those weekends, I get to sit down at my computer a delete a whole shit ton of things off my to do list. Best start to the week!!
    imageimage">
  • Options
    God bless productivity!! Cheers to moving forward!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks for the support ladies!! 
  • Options
    Congrats!!! It must be such a relief having all that done :) Woohoo!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards