Chit Chat
Options

Are you freaking kidding me??

2»

Re: Are you freaking kidding me??

• Options
    lyndausvi said:
    I wish I could just walk away.

I completely understand why people feel they way they.  Fine you like cash bars, no skin off my back.  But damn that thread was about our individual feelings on what are deal breakers.  We all have deal breakers of some sort.

Why do you care so much if I will not attend a wedding where my SO wasn't invited?  It's really not that hard of a concept to understand even if you do not follow it yourself.  Oh that's right, I'm suppose to be honored that even got an invitation.   Hell to the fact my SO feels hurt that they are able to attend the same event.      

By the way, me declining maybe you can go ahead a b-list someone's SO.

grr
    My grandmother used to say, 'only a bit dog hollers' -- meaning, of course, that only something that has provoked a response gets a response.

I think the reason so many people took offence is because they're doing one (or several) of the things we all said were our deal-breakers, and they're becoming defensive because they're worried their friends and family might decline for similar reasons. They think if they say, loudly enough and often enough, 'MY friends and MY family won't object,' then it'll be true. It's trying to stave off the inevitable.

Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    SBmini said:
    Can someone link me to the etiquette thread? I was busy getting married and missed it.

Congratulations!!!! 

• Options
    lyndausvi said:

I completely understand why people feel they way they.  Fine you like cash bars, no skin off my back.  But damn that thread was about our individual feelings on what are deal breakers.  We all have deal breakers of some sort.

Why do you care so much if I will not attend a wedding where my SO wasn't invited?  It's really not that hard of a concept to understand even if you do not follow it yourself.  Oh that's right, I'm suppose to be honored that even got an invitation.   Hell to the fact my SO feels hurt that they are able to attend the same event.      

grr
    My grandmother used to say, 'only a bit dog hollers' -- meaning, of course, that only something that has provoked a response gets a response.

I think the reason so many people took offence is because they're doing one (or several) of the things we all said were our deal-breakers, and they're becoming defensive because they're worried their friends and family might decline for similar reasons. They think if they say, loudly enough and often enough, 'MY friends and MY family won't object,' then it'll be true. It's trying to stave off the inevitable.

true hurts sometimes.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:

grr

That is probably exactly what it is. 

On the plus side I'm having a stressful week and that thread has kept me thoroughly entertained. 
  • Options
    I actually got through that monster.  Now I feel obligated to keep up with it.
  • Options
    APDSS22 said:

I actually got through that monster.  Now I feel obligated to keep up with it.

I know. It's like a damn train wreck.

Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    OP's notification thread must be ridiculous.  I can't 100% take the thread seriously because I just don't take whiny entitled people seriously, at all.  I cope with sarcasm.  
  • Options
    pinkcow13 said:
    My favorite was " it's the day for the bride and groom to be treated like royalty" and the chick who ended her special reason explanation with the word "boom." Where in the hell did these newbies come from? Geez....
    The full quote was worse:
    this is the bride and groom's day to be treated like royalty and showered with love and support by all those who are close to them. It is NOT an opportunity for guests to be treated to dinner and entertained for five or more hours on the new (probably kind of broke) couple's dime.

When I finally got through that thread, I added at the end that I was treated "like royalty" on my wedding day and I still hosted my guests properly. I didn't realize being treated "like royalty" gave you license to be rude to your guests. I'm sure real royals are rude and ungracious hosts.

Anniversary
  • Options
    @shrekspeare I can't see the gif!

Anniversary
  • Options
    @shrekspeare, I see it now. Thanks!

Anniversary
  • Options
    That entire thread was RIDICULOUS. But I read every single page... So much entitlement and rudeness. Finally I just had to stop before my brain exploded.

Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards