Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Wedding Website and Gift Registries

I am including links to our registries on our website, which is hosted by theKnot.  There is an option to show some of the items we are registered for on our site.  Question is:  is this tacky or not tacky?  Right n ow, I'm leaning towards tacky, but I'd like some other opinions.  

Re: Wedding Website and Gift Registries

• Options
    Yea, I wouldnt do that.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    yeah, I would just link your registries and leave it at that.

sexy, harry styles, best song ever, cute, beautiful, asdjglñlñ, marcel
  • Options
    I took them off altogether. If any of my guests google either of our names it's the first thing that pops up. People usually also know the big registry stores and can look there too. It errs on the side of tacky, so I would suggest erring on the side of etiquette.
  • Options
    kasmith1 said:
    I took them off altogether. If any of my guests google either of our names it's the first thing that pops up. People usually also know the big registry stores and can look there too. It errs on the side of tacky, so I would suggest erring on the side of etiquette.
    Also, people usually will ask...'Are you registered somewhere?' 
  • Options
    I would just include the links to the sites themselves and leave it be.
  • Options
    I am not even a fan of links to registries on your website.  I find the website is an extension of your invite.

• Options
    I am not even a fan of links to registries on your website.  I find the website is an extension of your invite.
    I agree.  Putting registry links on your website makes you appear greedy.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    ETA: I wouldn't put specific items, it seems awkward and tacky and eh..

To follow up Q to this... I've been asked "where are you registered" when I inquired for a mailing address. I responded with "don't be silly, no need for gifts!" the other person keeps asking "We insist! Where are you registered??" (he's asked the FI, who avoided it by saying we didn't have one made at the time, but now we do have one). It was via email so I haven't responded to the last email... 

How many times do I have to say don't worry about it? or to some effect... the last thing I want to do is come off as HERE IT IS GO BUY ME A GIFT NOW.... but I feel like I don't know what else to say when the only question asked via email is "Where are you registered?" In person I can just avoid it or bypass it. I have a link on my wedding website and, like others said - you google it and boom our registry pops up, so if they really wanted to find a registry it wouldn't be very difficult...

But, not responding to an email... that's also rude too... what's a girl to do!?!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options
    Op I would personally not put it on the website, I just don't think it is worth possibly offending someone.

@xoadri -maybe if they ask again say something along the lines of; if you really want to get us something I am sure we will love anything you chose, but if you need ideas we do have a small registry at whereveryouregistered. That way they know it's not about what they give you but rather the thought. 
  • Options
    Personally I don't mind the link to the registry on the website, but would side eye a listing of items on it.  To me it just is crossing a line. 

If someone asks you directly where you are registered, you should answer them.  Something along the line of "Your presence is the best gift, but if you insist we are registered at BB&B and Macy's"  Make it clear that your first interest is in them and their love, then answer their question honestly and simply. Yes they can find out through google, but they asked you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards