Honeymoon Discussions

Most frustrating part of planning for you?

I'm having a blast planning our honeymoon, since I love to plan all things logistical (spreadsheets? check!) - but I'm sure that a lot of you find a lot of things about planning a trip like this frustrating. And since venting frustrations helps (at least it sure feels good!)...

What do you HATE about planning your honeymoon? Or better yet - if you had a magic wand, how would you fix the process?

Re: Most frustrating part of planning for you?

• Nothing. My mom is a travel agent so she handled my honeymoon lol 
    Where are you planning on going, why is it frustrating? I have put together my own trips to exotic places (and then she just booked all the stuff I researched) and I've never found it stressful. 

• I didn't find plan frustrating at all.    I have planned other big trips in my lifetime.  I didn't find this one any different.

I'm a pretty laid-back relaxed traveller.   Meaning I pick a location, find flights and hotels.  Then I research some activities.  Rarely do we make hard plans on activities. More like here is a list of stuff I would like to do. Unless there is something we REALLY want to do and they suggest making reservations or say it's only available a certain day(s) of the week we do not make any plans before arriving.

DH always researches the restaurants/bar scene, but in a general way, we do not make hard plans until we get there and talked to random locals on their opinions.  

We really do not over-plan so-to-speak.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    First post on TK......this smells slightly like a vendor post in disguise....
  • jenna8984: I'm not finding anything too particularly frustrating, other than starting to find things to do in each of the places we're going.

JoanE2012: Yeesh, sorry I asked. I guess you never had a first post.
  • My biggest frustration has been plane tickets... 

We are getting married Saturday - planning to leave Sunday on the red eye - and have to return the following Sunday (I'm a teacher and we are using my spring break for the honeymoon to avoid taking time off). So our flight options are limited based on times and getting maximum time at our resort. We are starting to come to terms with the fact that we will likely need to suck it up and spend a lot more on flights than we intended, but feel that our time spent ON the honeymoon is worth it.

Picking a resort was tedious but also more "fun" doing the research and such :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @veritas1000 I plan all my things from Trip Advisor.com. If thousands of people rate a hotel or attraction as positive then I know to check it out. I make tons of lists of top 10's things to do/ see from that website and the experience of others.

• The most frustrating thing about planning vacations for me is price watching/comparing.  I hate booking tickets and then seeing the price drop, and I hate waiting to book and then have the price go up.  I wish I knew with 100% certainty when the best price is...
  • The most frustrating part for me was picking a resort that FI agreed on (he was 90% with me, just wanted to make sure there weren't better options out there for us). We waited one day to book it and the price jumped $300. We booked it right away but are still both frustrated that we lost that money.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @tcnoble: I agree that maximizing time ON the honeymoon is critical! Have you bought tickets yet?

@Pepper6, @sarah1551: Yeah, trying to know when the prices will change can be nerve-wracking. I waited to book our cruise too long and ended up missing out on being able to book the next higher cabin type than we ended up with for the same price. But at a certain point trying to optimize becomes counter-productive. Although recently it seems like prices for travel stuff only goes up over time... Good luck to you both!
  • @veritas1000 no not yet, we will be traveling 3/29-4/5 so dates aren't out yet but we have been looking at schedules through the 22nd just to get an idea. I'm torn between booking as soon as they're available or waiting a bit... I think it would be worse to watch the prices go up than to buy where we can afford and later potentially see them go down. Yep most frustrating part so far!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Most frustrating thing was figuring a destination.
  • ugh deciding to book our flight through Travelocity. They kept changing and cancelling different connecting flights. and every time we called we would be on hold forever only to be directed to call the airline who told us we needed to call someone different -__-
  • CamiSeleneCamiSelene member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2014

Hounding FI to get his passport application done and sent in on time.... took him 4 months!!! Here's hoping he gets it in time. I told him I'm going with MoH and a bm if he doesn't get it in time. Haha, that got him to send it in right away!

ETA: typo

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards