Chit Chat
Options

AW your Current Mani/Pedi

2»

Re: AW your Current Mani/Pedi

• Options
    My nails currently look craptastic. I have been to busy/broke to get my acrylics for a few weeks so my nails have been bitten down to practically nothing. My toes were an awesome turquoise but started chipping; I ended up painting over then with OPI Lincoln park after dark yesterday before getting out of the car.
  • Options
    eg72 said:
    eg72 said:
    I'm so jealous of you ladies and your pretty nails. My fingernails and toenails are currently unpolished because I use my hands to much and they always chip. 

Any suggestions (besides acrylics) to help a polish last?
    I get gel manicures!  Try them.  They last 2-3 weeks.
    Does it destroy your nails? I'm trying to avoid that again now that I have finally gotten them fairly healthy.
    It did mine, and I didn't pick he nail polish off or anything.  I soaked my nails in research grade acetone to try and get the gel polish off, but it was strong as hell and tore my nails up coming off.

It wasn't the acetone itself that did it. . . I've had to soak my fingers when they have gotten super-glued together- it's related to a hobby, don't ask!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    eg72 said:
    eg72 said:
    I'm so jealous of you ladies and your pretty nails. My fingernails and toenails are currently unpolished because I use my hands to much and they always chip. 

Does it destroy your nails? I'm trying to avoid that again now that I have finally gotten them fairly healthy.
    It did mine, and I didn't pick he nail polish off or anything.  I soaked my nails in research grade acetone to try and get the gel polish off, but it was strong as hell and tore my nails up coming off.

It wasn't the acetone itself that did it. . . I've had to soak my fingers when they have gotten super-glued together- it's related to a hobby, don't ask!
    I remember now that I tried gel nails once. They broke within 3 days and tore my nails up. I seriously am so rough on my hands. 

I thought the PP may have been talk about the new shellac stuff. 

• Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I love this thread for the nails AND rings :)
  • Options
    @BreMR I have also been checking out the rings! I love looking at people's rings :)

• Options
    BreMR said:
    Amen!

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    eg72 said:
    eg72 said:
    eg72 said:

I remember now that I tried gel nails once. They broke within 3 days and tore my nails up. I seriously am so rough on my hands. 

I call the Shellac manicures, gel manicures, but they are shellac.  They haven't ruined my nails.  I've been doing them for about a year now.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    BreMRBreMR member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    eg72 said:
    @BreMR I have also been checking out the rings! I love looking at people's rings :)
    Me too!! I love the "Show off your ring" thread!
  • Options
    BreMR said:
    Same here!!!
    Anniversary

• Options
    eg72 said:
    eg72 said:
    eg72 said:

I call the Shellac manicures, gel manicures, but they are shellac.  They haven't ruined my nails.  I've been doing them for about a year now.
    I may need to try that. It's worth a shot :)

• Options
    eg72 said:
    eg72 said:
    eg72 said:

Are they UV cured?

• Options
    They do go in the UV light to dry, but my nail salon soaks them off instead of using the electric drill filer thing they use.  That's war helps the nails, not using that thing LOL.
    Anniversary

• Options
    @niccirf, @eg72, @PrettyGirlLost: Vinylux is pretty much the only way I can get a DIY mani to stay.  It dries hard as a rock in ten minutes which also helps with smudging oopses.  I order mine from Amazon; they have a bunch of colors on Prime shipping so it's cheap and fast.  Don't pay more than $10 per bottle wherever you get it from, and don't use it with a base coat.  Just the color and top coat, and it really does last for a whole week.  That... or until I pick it because I'm a crazy person.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Thanks, @JCBride2014. Now riddle me this...is it the top coat which makes it "set" (e.g. can you use any nail polish with the top coat and get the same results)?  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Niccirf said:
    Thanks, @JCBride2014. Now riddle me this...is it the top coat which makes it "set" (e.g. can you use any nail polish with the top coat and get the same results)?  
    @Niccirf Yes and no.  It's a good topcoat over any polish.  But using the color+top together really is a noticeable difference compared with anything else.  It dries faster and lasts longer when you use the CND color+top.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    All these pretty nails are making me ashamed of my currently chipping nail polish!  Lol guess I'll be doing my nails tonight :P

... also, has anyone tried those UV protective gloves when getting gel/shellac manicures? I had a classmate who mentioned it to me once, but seeing as I've never gotten a gel manicure, I never pursued it. 
  • Options
    FiancB said:
    Ooh! You caught me at a good time. I just did them for my shower. I've got Essie Blue Aruba and Sally Hansen crackle overcoat in Fractured Foil. 

You don't want to see my toenails. 
    I did my nails just like that once!  I love the crackle coat.

You guys would be bored with my nails.  I never paint them.

• Options
    All these pretty nails are making me ashamed of my currently chipping nail polish!  Lol guess I'll be doing my nails tonight :P

... also, has anyone tried those UV protective gloves when getting gel/shellac manicures? I had a classmate who mentioned it to me once, but seeing as I've never gotten a gel manicure, I never pursued it. 
    I think they are a very good idea and I'd use them.

• Options
    Well after seeing all of your pretty fingernails yesterday, I went home and painted mine. OPI "Sweet Heart" which FI said was a perfect name for me, haha. It is still a very natural and understated look.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards