Maryland-Baltimore

Bachelorette ideas?

Originally we were thinking of going to Chicago for a weekend as one of my BM's mom's has a place there we could stay, but I think the flights are going to be just too expensive. So was thinking of finding some place nice within 4 hour drive to go for 3 or so days. We do want to go out at night. We definitely want to do a spa day but we can do that anywhere... sigh. At a total loss. Any suggestions?

Re: Bachelorette ideas?

• edited December 2011
    I had considered doing a weekend in deep creek lake for recreational activities, but I'm not sure about going out and spas.

Have you considered spending a weekend in Atlantic City? It's within 4 hours of Baltimore.
  • edited December 2011
    AC would be a good time, but it's much more fun in the late spring or summer, IMO. You could do Philly. I'm from Philly, and I always have a good time partying in the city. It's where I'm doing my bachelorette party. Would you consider taking the train? You could do NYC, which would be awesome.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • heidilynn43heidilynn43 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are probably doing it in July anyway. Not totally into just partying (city) tho Deep Creek (which I personally love) seems a bit too extreme the other way (not much to do in terms of going out/spa)
  • edited December 2011
    Virginia Beach, Ocean City, Poconos
  • edited December 2011
    Williamsburg, VA?  There are some really nice bed/breakfasts, hotels, and I think resorts both in the heart of the town and on the outskirts.  It could be nice since you'd have the quieter atmosphere but also bars/restaurants that cater to students at the College of William and Mary.  
    I haven't been to Williamsburg since I was too young to think about nightlife so I can't be sure of that, but it may be worth checking out.
    Anniversary
  • loveblacklabloveblacklab member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did mine in Philly and we aren't really into partying either but we had an AMAZING time!

Here is what we did:
    Manicures and Pedicures at a spa
    Lunch/glasses of wine at Tria (it was so much fun! their waiters really knew how to help you pick wine and food based on what you told them you liked)
    Went back to the hotel for free happy hour and got ready/hung out there for a bit
    Dinner at Buddhakan (this was great too!)
    Out to one bar-my friend called ahead and we were on the list-so didn't have to pay cover or wait in line!

I really love Philly and actually my friends and I are doing a girls weekend there again this weekend and planning on heading back to Tria!
    imageAnniversary
    My Food Blog
    DH and I: Both 31
    HSG, bloodwork, SA-possible blockage in right tube
    Continue TI July 2012
    August 2012: Clomid 50mg + TI=bfn, switched RE September 2012: Redo HSG-blockage in right tube confirmed November 2012: Clomid 25mg, Bravelle + Trigger + IUI= ectopic pregnancy December 2012: emergency laparoscopy and D&C, removed right tube January 2013: Clomid 25mg, Bravelle, Trigger+IUI
  • edited December 2011
    My girls surprised me with a trip to NYC! We took the Bolt bus from DC, but I know they have one that leaves from MD too, so transportation was pretty cheap, like only a few dollars cheap.
    TEST
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards