Chit Chat

My Awesome Bridesmaids!

I just want to gush about how awesome my Bridal party is! We have a private FB group, just so that we don't have to have a million texts going around, and to have a unified place to talk logistics, etc. FI and I have not asked for any help for anything, and my MOH posted a message on the wall that she would like to help set up for the engagement party , and asked if anyone wanted to join, and they all said they would definitely help. My MOH also spoke with the GM, and they also said they wanted to help out. She then reached out to FMIL and offered to help with anything she needs from now until then. 

On top of all that, I spoke to one of my BM's (my college roomate), and told her I understood that she and her bf would most likely not be able to attend, and not to think that I expect her to. They live in California, the party will be June 7th, and they are flying in the weekend of June 20th since her sister is having a baby. She said that she definitely wanted to celebrate with us and she was actually looking into flights. I told her that while I would love to have her here, she is totally not obligated because I know flights cross country are pricey, and she was adamant about attending. Well, she texted me this morning to tell me she found a flight, and will be making a red eye flight coming in that morning. 

I knew my friends were awesome, but they are beyond amazing  and I'm so happy to have them! I just wanted to gush about them because they rock! We bragged about our FI's yesterday - Let's brag about our awesome friends today :)
                             Anniversary
imageimageimage

Re: My Awesome Bridesmaids!

• Simky906Simky906 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    That's really awesome of your friends- it's such an amazing feeling when they go above and beyond for us! 

My ladies just informed me that in addition to the bachelorette party that they were already throwing for me that they also want to throw me a shower. It's very sweet of them to do both when I know they have so much going on in their lives.
  • You certainly sound like you've got some really awesome friends :)

I don't have any bridesmaids but two of my best friends are currently planning my bachelorette party. I really didn't expect to have any kind of shower or bacherlorette party, considering I didn't pick any maids, but they immediately jumped on it months ago and are apparently planning a whole weekend event. I'm pretty excited and so thankful that they would want to do this for me.

• @simky906 - It really is a great feeling! Your ladies are also awesome :) It is very sweet of them to throw both events for you!

Awww, thanks @magicink! I definitely do not expect things out of them, I'm just happy to have them as my best friends and now bridesmaids. And I must say the GM are also pretty awesome, too. 
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• ckel24 - that is definitely really awesome of them. And a whole weekend event sounds like it will be a blast!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Awe... That is so awesome!
  • I have two BMs. I'm helping one move this weekend (an hour away) and helping the other move next weekend (3 hours away). Do I get awesome points?! Lol

• jenna8984 - You definitely get awesome points!! Moving is such a crappy, exhausting thing, I think it's great when friends help out!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Sounds like you really have awesome friends!

After Hurricane Sandy, four of our friends (and our dads) came over into our sewage-filled apartment, with rubber gloves and garbage bags, and helped us sort through all of our belongings in just one day.  With just the two of us we would have been there every day for a week, but their help really meant we could limit the amount of time we spent in that awful place.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• pinkcow13pinkcow13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2014
    They really are, @jcbride2014-and yours are too! We were somewhat lucky with Sandy, but I remember how terrible it was, with people losing power, etc. We were confined to the apartment for days during that time. So the fact that you had friends- and family- come help you guys out is pretty damn amazing. Edit: autocorrect
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I am so excited for you! That is awesome that she will be there.

I had 4 bridesmaids. I live in CA, one BM is local, one is in FL, one is in NJ, and one is in CT. I didn't expect to get a bachelorette party or a shower. My local BM threw me a lovely shower, and all of the girls surprised me with a night out on the town two nights before our wedding once they got into town. It was awesome. They planned the whole night, took me out to dinner, shared stories of their favorite memories of their time with me at dinner which made me cry happy tears, and then we all went out afterwards to the bars. They hosted everyone. It was so sweet and thoughtful.
  • lc07 - that was really sweet of them! That sounds like such an awesome time :)
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• WeeshWeesh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    My shower was this weekend, and I walked in and started to tear up.  It was so thoughtful and generous of them, and I was so appreciative!  All of your friends and BM's sound wonderful.

It's so nice to see threads from people who truly value and appreciate their friends and friendships.  PP's said it best, that you get back what you put out there.  Some of the threads I've seen lately about wedding plans make me wonder about humanity.  Ha!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Weesh said:
    My shower was this weekend, and I walked in and started to tear up.  It was so thoughtful and generous of them, and I was so appreciative!  All of your friends and BM's sound wonderful.

It's so nice to see threads from people who truly value and appreciate their friends and friendships.  PP's said it best, that you get back what you put out there.  Some of the threads I've seen lately about wedding plans make me wonder about humanity.  Ha!
    I know what you mean! Sometimes I really wonder about some people.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards