Ohio-Columbus
Options

Melee Photography??

Has anyone used/currently booked with Melee photography?  I am having some issues with getting in touch with them and was wondering if this is normal/abnormal and what to expect from them for my wedding?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Melee Photography??

• Options
    casims3casims3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Melee. I had a few issues in the beginning as well. Once I signed my contract I felt like they dissapeared into thin air for a little while. I emailed Joe at least 3 times without a response. He finally got back to me saying my emails were going into his spam folder. (Whether that is true or not, who knows.)

Since then, I have been working with someone else - Stephanie. She has been GREAT so far. No complaints! (My wedding isn't until December though so hopefully things with her will continue to go well!)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Combs132Combs132 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks...
    I had Joe take my engagement pics and he said I would have them in 4 weeks max so after 6 weeks (from weeks 6-8) my fiance and i each placed 2 calls/emails all with no response.  Maybe I'll see if I can work with Stephanie instead!  Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jnkreagerjnkreager member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having the same problems!  I LOOOVE their work, but I have not been able to get ahold of them to schedule out e-pics after three emails and a phone call.  SUPER frustrating!  I have noticed that they have added TONS of pictures to their facebook page, which had basically been dormant for the past few months so hopefully they are getting all caught up.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    ckossoudjickossoudji member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

As a bride and former wedding planner I would highly NOT recommend Melee Photography for your wedding.  Melee Photography does not include you in the planning process and does not communicate well.  I had to call and email almost daily to get any response in order to coordinate my engagement photos. 

After the wedding I was told week after week that my photos were in the mail and week after week I was disappointed to find nothing waiting in my mailbox.  When we first met with Joe he told us of a story about a former bride who threatened to hire a lawyer because of their poor communication skills.  We laughed the story off and figured she was probably just an overbearing bride.  Now that I find myself in the same situation I wish that I had heeded that early warning. 

If I had to do it again I would definitely gone with a different photographer.  They missed several big moments in my wedding including my bouquet toss, my father walking me in and mostly importantly me walking into the ceremony.  While the posed pictures turned out wonderfully, the candids (which were really what we wanted) were extremely disappointing.  We were also very disappointed in the reception photos.  We were missing pictures of our guests. My husband’s sister doesn’t even appear in a single photo. There are no printable photos. Overall we were incredibly unhappy with the final product we received. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry you've all had a bad experience.... I however, have been ever so pleased with melee.... they are sometimes hard to get a hold of but they ALWAYS return the call... They have been nothing but good to my fiance and I and we look forward to having them photograph our wedding! <3
  • Options

They were really terrible to work with for our wedding. We didn't even know if they were going to show up to our wedding because they wouldn't return my calls or my wedding planner's. We had two back ups just in case but after my mom called they knew they were in trouble. The never got our engagement photos because they were "so busy" and we will have yet to get our album proof. I wished I never used them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards