Outdoor Weddings
Options

Ourdoor Seating

My fiance and I are having our outdoor wedding (ceremony and reception) on some friend's property. We have rented a big tent with tables, chairs, etc. for the reception.  Does anyone have any ideas on ceremony seating? We have thought of the obvious: renting additional chairs, hay bails. We have also thought about hiring some people to move all the chairs from the ceremony to the reception area so we can save on money and not rent an additional 180 chairs. It seems a little chaotic to have some people moving all the chairs right after the ceremony, but there will be time since we are having a cocktail hour.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Re: Ourdoor Seating

• Options
    emmyg65emmyg65 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Rent additional chairs. That's what we did and it was so worth it. Moving them would have been a huge hassle, and hay bales aren't comfortable.
  • Options
    ab6704aab6704a member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    We're renting additional chairs.  The ceremony will be such a small portion of the evening that we are renting the less expensive basic white ones for the cermony and the more expensive ones with padded seats for the reception. 
  • Options
    I have been to weddings where the ceremony chairs had to be moved to the reception area.  I really didn't notice anything chaotic, but just make sure that you hire a good amount of people to do this so that it won't take very long.

What are you doing about your cocktail hour?  It would be a good idea to have an area outside of the tent so that all your guests won't be in the way of the people moving your chairs.

• Options
    kitty8403kitty8403 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    I live in ranch country and would not recommend hay bales for seating. They are itchy, they are annoying and dusty to lug around, and they trigger allergies. The last thing you need is a pile of guests sneezing and crying from hay fever.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards