Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

Bridesmaids Processional

We're stumped on a song for the bridesmaids.  We're getting married in a park.  The DJ will be playing upbeat songs like Happy Together, Walking on Sunshine, etc while everyone is seated.  I will be walking in to a barbershop quartet - dressed in red and white stripes and straw hats - singing Going to the Chapel.  We want the other women to walk in to a slower song.  Obviously we want something unexpected.  The tempo change will let people know something is happening.  
Please hit me with song suggestions.

Re: Bridesmaids Processional

• Options
    donethatdonethat member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited April 2014
    I love all of it ... especially the singers     How fun and unusual!      

So, will the DJ be playing your bridesmaids' processional, or the barbershop quartet singing?  In case it's the DJ, I'll offer some artists along with these songs (these versions have a good walking tempo!) 

When You Wish Upon a Star
    Billy Joel     or     Brian Wilson (from Beach Boys)     or     Dion & The Belmonts

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes
    Linda Ronstadt     or     Perry Como     or     Bette Midler

The Way You Look Tonight
    The Dinning Sisters

Dream a Little Dream of Me
    Robbie Williams     or     Mamas & The Papas

I Will
    Alison Krause     or     The Beatles

Devoted to You
    The Everly Brothers     or     James Taylor/Carly Simon     or     Linda Ronstadt

Let it be Me
    The Everly Brothers     or     Jackson Browne
  • Options
    What awesome suggestions.  Thanks!
  • Options
    I love these ideas! What a wonderful way to throw some uniqueness into your ceremony! I may have to "borrow" a piece...or two... of this idea for our beachy wedding :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards