Registry and Gift Forum
Options

A gift we can't use

Ok, so my fiance's grandparents just sent us two HUGE tiffany lamps - 5 months before our wedding - as our wedding gift. We do not have the space, nor the decor to keep these lamps. They are VERY expensive, but I don't want to just hide them in a closet. What is the etiquette on returning gifts. They ordered them from a place that we cannot return them to ourselves. As sweet as it was, my parents are in stained glass and have been trying to give me tiffany lamps for years and I've had to turn them down because we literally live in a very small apartment. 

Re: A gift we can't use

• Options
    tammym1001tammym1001 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2014
    You can give them to me! j/k (kind of) Honestly though, I'm not sure there's a good way to ask them to return them without sounding ungrateful for the gift. If it were me, I would probably just find a place to keep them for now.
  • Options
    Are you planning to move to a larger apartment or house? If so I would definitely keep them, it sounds like stained glass is very important to your family.

If you decide to sell them, don't sell them until after the wedding.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Uklaw88Uklaw88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    We aren't planning on moving any time soon. Stained glass is important to me, but I can't stand tiffany lamps lol. Never have. My grandmother has been trying to pawn them off on me for years. 
  • Options
    If they have been trying to pawn them off on you for years, how would you return them? Confused...

If you mean return them to the giver bc they are part of their personal collection, I would just graciously thank them but tell them you don't have space for them or you can't accept such a generous gift, blah blah blah. And give them back to the grandparents.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards