Iowa-Des Moines
Options

Ceremony music

Hi!
My wedding ceremony's going to be outside in a park in Ames. Do you guys have any suggestions for music? I don't know if I should hire someone to play or just have a CD? Let me know if you have any ideas!

Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ceremony music

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been to a couple of outside weddings. 

1 in particular had just a CD.  We couldn't hear a THING. 

I would definitely recommend hiring someone with great speakers, so everyone will be able to hear. 

You never know how windy it will be, so it might be good to play it on the safe side and hire someone!
  • Options
    medusia00medusia00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP, we are using our DJ for the Reception for the Ceremony Music, he comes with speakers also a Microphone for the officiant and ourselves.
    A CD could work if you make sure that every guest can hear, and it doesn't make the guests in the front uncomfortable.
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Oh good thinking! I never thought about wind. I'll definitely look around. Let me know if anyone knows of any good ceremony musicians around Ames!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    harper15harper15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about a harpist?  I used to play for wedding in Des Moines, and could give you names.  Usually, the harp doesn't need to be amplified, and is cheaper than hiring a quartet becuase it's only one musician.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards