Just Engaged and Proposals

Re: L

• doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Did anyone see what this was?  The title was"Selfish or Not?", I believe.
  • They're going on vacation with a group of friends. Just found out 2 friends in group plan to marry during said vacation, her FI had been planning to propose during this vacation.

Doesn't want bride to feel overshadowed (I think), or doesn't want proposal overshadowed by wedding during vacation. I thiiiiink that was the gist of it.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:

They're going on vacation with a group of friends. Just found out 2 friends in group plan to marry during said vacation, her FI had been planning to propose during this vacation.

Doesn't want bride to feel overshadowed (I think), or doesn't want proposal overshadowed by wedding during vacation. I thiiiiink that was the gist of it.
    That's what I got too.
  • Shoot, I'd be totally flattered if one of my friends proposed or got proposed to at my wedding. Super exciting! And I'd be super excited to share my proposal with a friend's wedding day.
  • I'm with JC. I would not like it, either.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I 3rd JC.

I'm not generally an AW  - but I want my one day to be mine. If you have to get engaged THAT DAY - get engaged before you come to our wedding and I will gladly wish you the best and be truly happy for you. But don't do it during our time.
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• I 4th JC, I would not like it. either. I've had too many people make "big announcements" on important days for me (gr 12 grad, university convocation, etc... all done by my big bro). I want my wedding day to be just that, mine and my FH's (with the exception of the fact that that it is my grandparents 62nd wedding anniversary. lol, I asked my grandmaman if we could use that day first though).

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• I am with JC too.  Like seriously, they couldn't figure out any other time to pop the question?

• I 5th or 6th JC. I wouldn't like it at all - I've had to "share" too many events (@camiselene, with my DB too (younger) - what is it with DB's?).
  • Aw, haha.

I think the thing to remember is that I am having 6 invited guests to my wedding, so NOT having a lot of attention on my wedding day was super important to me!
  • beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2014
    I think what happened was that the group vacation was planned, no mention of wedding or anything. OP was going to get proposed to on vacation. THEN, it got announced that this couple was going to get married during the trip. 

OP was worried about her -already planned- proposal (which I'm not sure if the other couples in the group knew about) being upstaged by the couple that has now decided to get married during the trip.

--

Personally, I'd be like, dude DAFUQ????? if I got proposed to AT somebody's wedding. 

However, if something like this situation happened, and I got proposed to during a vacation that wasn't initially planned to be about a wedding, like, say maybe one night to themselves during the vacation, I'd still be plenty stoked about it. 

I'd just leave announcing the engagement off until after we got back, so that people could still be jazzed about the wedding that went on during the vacation.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards