South Carolina-Charleston

Ceremony Sites in Charleston

I am thinking of doing a destination wedding in Charleston, SC.  Can anyone tell me of any really pretty chapels (non denominational) or ceremony sites in downtown Charleston? We might have the actual reception at the resort that we are thinking about having everyone stay but I need to find a place to have the ceremony. I'm wanting it to be romantic and very Charleston'esque. I want to make sure to have the beauty of Charleston show in the pictures.  I am not interested in a ceremony on the beach or at a resort.

Thanks!

Re: Ceremony Sites in Charleston

• I had replied to your post on the other board but just in case you don't read it, check out the Boone Hall Plantation.  It's just outside of Charleston and may be what you're looking for.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end." Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I believe St. Luke's is non-denominational but I believe its capacity is around 100 people.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_south-carolina-charleston_ceremony-sites-in-charleston?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:600Discussion:1ded8ffd-0a7b-454c-9a7d-f7c112676013Post:26758c1b-9711-4195-8a48-1f1455607d18">Re: Ceremony Sites in Charleston</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had replied to your post on the other board but just in case you don't read it, check out the Boone Hall Plantation.  It's just outside of Charleston and may be what you're looking for.
    Posted by Darbie914[/QUOTE]

Sorry I'm still trying to figure this out :) I am now in love with Boone Hall Plantation so I'm just waiting to hear back on their avialability for when I want to have the wedding.  Thanks so much!
  • Anyone know of prices for downtown Charleston churches if you are not a member?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards