Vineyard Weddings

Share your ideas!!

Hello ladies!  I just discovered this board today and I have to say, I'm really happy we have a place to share ideas.  I little bit about me...I'm getting married on May 1, 2010 and have the "major" parts of the planning done (vendors booked).  I am, however, still looking for ideas for my wedding.  We are going to Italy for our honeymoon so the "theme" is around that idea.  My flowers consist of sunflowers and purple irises.  I am also using the wine corks as the name card holders.  We are going to be naming the tables after Italian cities instead of using table numbers.So, with that in mind, what does everyone else have planned?  Share your ideas!

Re: Share your ideas!!

• We're getting married in Gettysburg, PA.  We're not getting married in an actual vineyard but we're trying to keep the theme very Italian and leaning towards the wine aspect of Italy as well as the sunflower feel.  It's going to be very "Tuscany" if you will.  There are a lot of local wineries in the area so we've been looking for ideas around them.  It's a lot of fun.  :-D
  • Wine ceremony = my favorite idea ever. Also, our centerpieces basically are just wine bottles with a couple flowers in there, with the table number as the label. Goes nicely with the cork place card holders.
  • We're also going to use wine bottles to display the table names. We're name the tables after wine varietals and will use the appropriate bottle for each. Yes, it will require drinking a lot of different wine but I am willing to make the sacrifice!
  • OFF - BTW, I absolutely love your e-pics.  So very classy and gorgeous.  I can't wait to see pics of your wedding once you get married!
  • I'm not getting married in a vineyard either, but want to do a winery theme, as visting wineries is something my FI and I love to do together.  We are doing the cork place card holders, wine bottles will be used as table numbers, I am looking at making a wine cork grapevine wreath to go around each wine bottle too....  i'm still looking for more ideas!
    Photobucket
  • We are doing a wine theme, since FI and I both love wine. We are doing the corks and also doing breakaway centerpieces with wine bottles.I LOVE the idea of displaying the cake on a wine barrell. MIL's dad used to make wine, I wonder if they still have barrells.
  • I just found this board the other day and I'm very excited about it!

We're getting married in August 2010 and having a wine motiff if you will. 

We're using the cork placecards, which seem very popular here, wine bottles with custom labels for the table numbers, table numbers will be types of wine, for favors we are looking into a local vineyard that sells 187 ml wine bottles in large quantities.

My FI proposed using a personalized wine label, so we will likely display that near the guest book with a flower in it.

I also found a cute ampersand that incorporates a wine glass.  We're going to try to use that as a "logo" on our programs and cocktail napkins.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards