Interracial Weddings

Hispanic-English Wedding

To all my interracial couples... My family only speaks English and my fiance's family speaks very little, if any English. Should we have a bilignual wedding? I understand Spanish, so it wouldn't be a problem for me to understand my fiance's vows to me. I just didn't know who else has done that and how meaningful it was to the non-English speaking family? Or if it was just a hassel? 

Re: Hispanic-English Wedding

• Congratulations!

My fiance and I, and both our families speak English, but I think it would be nice to have a bi-lingual ceremony. I'm sure his family would appreciate your effort and consideration. Just put yourself in their shoes. Would you feel comfortable sitting through a wedding ceremony for a family member, and not understanding a word being spoken?

Good Luck!
  • Why not include  the language in one part of the ceremony? We are having the scripture read in both languages. The rest of the service will in English, but I think it will give homage to both cultures.
  • Thanks for the great ideas! I know my fiance's family will have come to watch us as a couple get married (they are flying in from Uruguay and Brazil!), but I felt it would be more meaningful to understand my fiance's vows to the woman he has chosen to be a part of his family! 
  • In Response to Hispanic-English Wedding:
    [QUOTE]To all my interracial couples... My family only speaks English and my fiance's family speaks very little, if any English. Should we have a bilignual wedding? I understand Spanish, so it wouldn't be a problem for me to understand my fiance's vows to me. I just didn't know who else has done that and how meaningful it was to the non-English speaking family? Or if it was just a hassel? 
    Posted by avg0223[/QUOTE]

I am having a Bilingual wedding my family who doesnt speak any spanish dont see a problem with it you are combining 2 families so i think it is sweet to do... I just made sure my DJ was Bilingual 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mbeker912, where did you get that cute wedding countdown from the knot? and also, did you manage to make a bilingual website as well? I would love to have little flags at the top of my knot website that would allow people to switch from English to Spanish and visa versa. Thanks!!!
  • Its just a ticker from theknot and no i couldnt swing that but i have english and spanish invites 
    Mbeker912, where did you get that cute wedding countdown from the knot? and also, did you manage to make a bilingual website as well? I would love to have little flags at the top of my knot website that would allow people to switch from English to Spanish and visa versa. Thanks!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd like our wedding Mass to be bilingual but FI isn't sold on it even though FMIL speaks VERY little English.  :/   

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards