Pre-wedding Parties

Bachelorette Party - Under 21 Ideas?

Hey everyone,

I'm getting married this August, and I was looking for some bachelorette party ideas that are under 21 -friendly, seeing how I'm not 21 yet. Does anyone have any ideas? Any help would be appreciated! :D

Re: Bachelorette Party - Under 21 Ideas?

• mcskatcatmcskatcat member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, seeing as you're the bride, you shouldn't be planning your own bach party.   I'm sure your MOH (or whoever is throwing it) knows that you won't be 21 and will plan accordingly.  Problem solved.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm helping her out with ideas.
  • mcskatcatmcskatcat member
    edited December 2011
    Then you need to read up on wedding etiquette.  The bride is only supposed to plan the guest list for any pre-wedding parties.  Otherwise, it's rude to be involved in the planning of a party being thrown in your honor.
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Some comedy clubs offer "all ages" shows....perhaps there are some fun cooking or dancing classes you could take together.  Restaurants that offer a more interactive flair...ala fondue or hibachi restaurants...not sure about your area, but in the Chicago area there is something called "Flirty Girl" which offers a variety of fun activities.  Some activity oriented restaurants such as Dave and Busters are popular.
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bachelorette-party-under-21-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:b47eae7d-7097-4999-961d-f70c06893ee6Post:857b63dc-1b63-4840-a64c-9782ba1ce674">Re: Bachelorette Party - Under 21 Ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Then you need to read up on wedding etiquette.  The bride is only supposed to plan the guest list for any pre-wedding parties.  Otherwise, it's rude to be involved in the planning of a party being thrown in your honor.
    Posted by mcskatcat[/QUOTE]

Or maybe the BMs or MOH asked her for something she'd like to do.

I'm going to give OP benefit of a doubt.

Have a sleepover, rent out a cottage, spa day.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bachelorette-party-under-21-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:b47eae7d-7097-4999-961d-f70c06893ee6Post:857b63dc-1b63-4840-a64c-9782ba1ce674">Re: Bachelorette Party - Under 21 Ideas?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Then you need to read up on wedding etiquette.  The bride is only supposed to plan the guest list for any pre-wedding parties.  Otherwise, it's rude to be involved in the planning of a party being thrown in your honor.
    Posted by mcskatcat[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't think it's rude to help out my MOH.
    Thank you everyone for the ideas! :)
  • squashy1513squashy1513 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been trying to help my MOH too.  One of the girls in my bridal party is under 21 and I dont want her to feel left out so we are looking into things to do.  My MOH was thinking of things like going to a fancy place to eat and doing like a city day/night (NYC).  Depending on what you like to do... you may want to look into a "higher end" bowling alley.  There are some lanes (like 300 bowl) where they make it more of a lounge type scene with music and lighting.  

I like the idea of going to a hibachi or interactive place to eat.  Think of things that you used to do when you were little that could be fun if you went out with your girls- maybe roller skating or ice skating.  

It's your bachelorette party so do something you and your girls will just have fun with!
  • kmd0501kmd0501 member
    edited December 2011
    Your from the philadelphia area and getting married in August...Do a girls weekend at the beach!!!  Maybe a house or hotel for the weekend...thats perfect.  I was MOH for my cousins August wedding and we did a beach weekend with a nice dinner then hit the boardwalk and bars later (we were all over 21).  Then we played board games and silly bachelorette games and really had a good time.  Theres so much to do in philly without having to eb 21
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MCCRARYSCOTTMCCRARYSCOTT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in the same boat....I'm 28 years old and the bride, but my MOH is my little sister who is 20. I'm sick of hearing about the "wedding etiquette" and whats right and whats wrong to do or proper or what other girls do. Who cares!  It's your wedding do whatever you want. The most important thing is to remember the meaning behind the day is what will matter the most.  I will be assisting my little sister plan my own Bachelorette party too because for 1. she hasnt had much experience even going to that many weddings. This is her first bachelorette party in general. 2., she only works PT while in college and doesnt have a ton of money.  (But she is my sister and i love her very much and want her as my Maid!!!)  I will give her a list of ideas and suggestions and then all of the girls that are hosting it can decide where to, the time, theme, etc.

I am glad that i found this string because it has given me some ideas as well.
    Photobucket
  • My MOH doesn't live where I do and never has been here. So I have to plan mine because she doesn't know a thing about the area. It's not a big deal really.

And, mine is coming up we are doing Go-karts that go up to 50mph, then going out for dinner, going to my place and having a movie/game night till we all are too full of candy to keep going. lol

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards