Favors
Options

Need Favor Ideas

Lisax4156Lisax4156 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
edited April 2014 in Favors

Hi all,

So I'm getting married June 7th. Our reception and ceremony is pretty basic as we're on a very tight budget. We are having buffet style food and an open domestic beer bar. Now, I'm needing some reception favors for the party. Something personalized but cheap. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks! :)

Re: Need Favor Ideas

• Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    If you are on a very tight budget, I'd suggest skipping the favors altogether. They're nice, but unnecessary. 

If you insist on doing favors, how much are you looking to spend per person?
  • Options

Just something fairly cheap. Maybe no more than $50-75 for all of the favors.

• Options
    1: don't personalize them.  no one wants something with your name on it.
    2: look through the posts on this board for (a lot of) ideas.
    3: don't worry about favors if you are on a tight budget.  they are nice, but not required.

good luck!
  • Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    How many attendees are you planning on?
  • Options
    Approx 50-55..
  • Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    You could have a basic candy or popcorn bar for guests to fill their own bags. 

Is there anything particularly meaningful to you & FI as a couple? Before FI & I decided to nix the favors, we were considering cilantro seeds with his famous guacamole recipe attached, homemade spicy mustard (one of our favorite condiments), or jars of siracha salt. 
  • Options
    FI's and my families are all huge fans of coffee, so we may do little 1-pot bags of coffee with our monogram/name and date on the label. They're about a buck apiece. Still get the customization you want, but it doesn't affect anyone (i.e. nobody wants coasters with your monogram, they'd want their own) and whatever doesn't get taken we'll gladly use and it won't go bad for a long time (rather than something like cookies).

• Options
    I bought some candy molds and I'm making shaped chocolates. Is there an animal or theme or object that you could use to represent yourselves? There may very well be a mold in existence that you can use. The molds are super cheap and it's pretty easy to do. 
    This is me reading threads on TK
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'll be making sugar scrub in 4 oz mason jars. It's pretty easy and fun to make. Coconut oil and sugar and essential oil. So easy and pretty cheap! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Grabows14Grabows14 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    I was actually shopping around for honey; and they have these single use honey straws that are DIRT CHEAP. 
    We are doing like a 3 pack with a little card saying thank you.

and they come in different flavors
    here's the link. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards