Illinois-Chicago

River North Rehearsal Dinner

Hi all!

We are trying to plan our rehearsal dinner for Oct 3 from 7:30-9:30 ish. We are getting married at Holy Name Cathedral (where the rehearsal will be) and our guests are staying at both Embassy Suites and The Felix hotels. We are really trying to find a place within walking distance (not too far for elderly) for the rehearsal dinner. The other problem: we are really trying for the food/beverage minimum to be around $1500-1600. 

So far, we have found that Jake Melnicks is within out budget and right across the street, but that's the same type of food that we were gonna have at the wedding. We also really like the idea of having it at Lou Malnati's, but that's up in Gold Coast and a bit of a hike for out-of-towners. 

Giordano's doesn't host on weekends and Rosebud doesn't have a private room.

Any ideas on other locations?

Much appreciated,
S

Re: River North Rehearsal Dinner

• KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2014

What about Quartinos? Or Osteria Via Stato. I had mine at Osteria and the food and staff were awesome. Is there a portillos around?

ETA: is taking a cab not an option?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Wildfire?
    You would have to take a cab there, but it isn't too far away.
    Anniversary
  • How many people are you having?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jhemp09jhemp09 member
    First Anniversary First Comment

I'm in the same situation for my October 25th wedding, we are looking for a rehearsal dinner restaurant near that area in the same price range.  So far the only one I have found is Blue Agave on State and Maple, which was going to be $25 a person for 4 apps and a fajita bar. 

If you have any other ideas besides Melnicks I would love to hear them!

• KayDeeeKayDeee member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    If you are not opposed to pizza and Lou Malnati's is already booked, try Connie's Pizza on North State.

Depending on how many people you're having they are definitely in your price range and they have a private room, and discounted valet parking for anyone who drives ($10.50 is a steal for the area). Even if you don't do the private room, they have a lot of space for larger parties.

• I'm not sure about the River North location, but we had ours at Gino's East on Higgins and it had a private room and was really reasonably priced.
    Vacation
  • KayDeeeKayDeee member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2014
    There is actually a brand new Gino's East on N. Lasalle in River North, that location would be great--however they do not have any private rooms.  And I can tell you we had a less than ideal experience with their group sales coordinators. They basically want you to pick your meal, sign the contract and be done with it. any questions or concerns were met with emails 2 days later that were short and practically screamed "sign the contract and leave us alone."

Especially when we asked if we could get our whole party seated together at one long table for 20 people. They said they "would try" . 

They have 3 floors of space which is great but no private rooms, so there's more than enough room for a large party--but you might not all get seated together. Just bizarre.

They eventually added that to our proposal but after struggling to get that done and a few other questions answered, it just wasn't worth it. 

• I really love Elephant and Castle; and I think they have a private room in the basement. 160 East Huron Street
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards