Chit Chat
Options

Couple Sings Vows

I don't know if anyone's linked this yet but I thought it was cute:

What do you guys think?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Couple Sings Vows

• Options
    I'm not a big one for "performances" like this at weddings, personally, but I suppose however the couple wants to express their love (within reason/without breaking etiquette) is fine with me. I do think that it is cute in this case, given that music brought these two together in the first place. As one poster put it in an earlier thread, design your wedding to reflect what will be important to you in your life together. They don't have bad voices either.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Not a fan of the bride and/or groom performing during the ceremony. At least they were both included. Here's another:

• Options
    Not a fan of the bride and/or groom performing during the ceremony. At least they were both included. Here's another:

She has a nice voice but the poor groom looks like he has no idea what he should be doing during the performance. Lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    vulpiepop said:

She has a nice voice but the poor groom looks like he has no idea what he should be doing during the performance. Lol
    I have no idea how on earth she was composed enough to sing in that moment. So many emotions at one time!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    To me, the second bride doesn't look like she's in the moment. She is performing for an audience. Or making a music video.That's why I don't like it. 

The first couple is adorable and talented, but I still don't think the wedding ceremony is the right place for a performance. The reception would have been a better option. 

• Options
    I liked the first couple. Honestly, I usually space out during the vows. Oh, yes, they're lovely and meaningful but don't usually hold my attention very long. But a nifty little diddy? Well I like that!

The second bride...it was just so awkward.
  • Options
    MagicInk said:
    I liked the first couple. Honestly, I usually space out during the vows. Oh, yes, they're lovely and meaningful but don't usually hold my attention very long. But a nifty little diddy? Well I like that!

The second bride...it was just so awkward.
    Especially when she is literally singing/screaming directly into his face.
  • Options

I love Us the Duo! Randomly found them on Youtube a while back. It doesn't surprise me they sang at their wedding.

Second couple - not so much. Their guests don't even look entertained. They're not even smiling!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I think the Us Duo was cute. It was relevant, because music is a big part of their story, and I think it was sweet and heartfelt. My only qualm is that supposedly they are singing their vows to each other but they are facing their guests. They do look at each other (and it's adorable) sometimes, but still --- I'd have liked to see them singing to each other.

This isn't the first time I've seen that hawkward bride sing her way down the aisle. I can't even handle it. There are so many things wrong with it --- including the part where she sings about not having her dad there. *Shakes head.*  
  • Options
    So I turned both videos off after about 30 seconds into the singing.  I just can't with these AW performances.  You can sing.  Awesome.  But why do you have to include it into your ceremony unless you are looking to be a AW?  If you want to record a song for your first dance (and not draw attention to the fact that it is you singing), fine do that, but seriously, performances should be left out of it.  I just don't understand bride and grooms being all "look what I can do!" at their weddings.  No one really cares all that much.  If I really wanted to see someone perform or sing then I would buy a concert ticket or see a Broadway show.  At least with performances during receptions I can easily get up and go to the bathroom if I don't want to watch it but during the ceremony it is kind of hard to do that.

• Options
    I liked the first one ... second one, not so much at all. Then again, FI and I are singing our vows to each other (though, we are going to be facing each other, not the guests). The people who know us know how important music is to us, and it definitely isn't a "look what we can do" thing like @Maggie0829 seems to think it is ... for us, its one of the truest expressions of ourselves and of our love for each other. I get that it isn't for everyone, and some people might be a little shocked, but it is for us! This is a great example of etiquette vs tradition. Etiquette wise there is NOTHING wrong with singing your vows (it doesn't make guests any more comfortable than Bible readings/sermons at ceremonies may make atheist guests, for example), but it is a little more offbeat than traditional. Still, non-traditional =/= bad! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards