Wedding Etiquette Forum

Brunch Wedding Suggestions

Who here had a brunch time wedding, or is planning one?

Lately I have been considering this as an option. I want to keep things pretty low key, and I think a brunch wedding would be easier to pull off than a traditional evening wedding. FI and I also really love breakfast foods, so it would totally be ideal for us!

I saw another poster on here talking about how she was going to be serving mimosas, coffee, juice and such before the ceremony as well. Personally, I'm less than human if I haven't had coffee so I would definitely want to provide this for my guests if I'm asking them to come to something in the morning.

But I have a few other questions, and want to make sure I won't slack in being a proper host. Is it appropriate to do a first dance or even have dancing at all during a brunch wedding? About how long did your wedding go for? I feel like a brunch wedding would be shorter than an evening wedding, but I could be totally wrong. Do you think serving croissants, muffins and fresh fruit would be acceptable? Or should I try to stick with more substantial foods, like the breakfast quiche and orange glazed French toast I saw on the list of options the caterer I'm interested offers. What did you or would you do as a dessert option?

Lastly, and I realize this could be applicable to either a brunch wedding or dinner wedding, do you think it would be appropriate for me to have table set up for both the ceremony and the reception? As in I would have assigned seating for everyone once they got to the venue, and they would be in their seats watching us get married. There would not be switchover from ceremony to reception. The place I'm looking at is a fairly large courtyard inside a Laguna Beach apartment complex-turned office building- with a few water fountains and plenty of room for seating. However, there isn't really anywhere for people to go while we have the courtyard turned over from ceremony into the reception area.

Please shower me with opinions and experience!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Brunch Wedding Suggestions

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2014
    nellesaur said:
    Who here had a brunch time wedding, or is planning one?

Lately I have been considering this as an option. I want to keep things pretty low key, and I think a brunch wedding would be easier to pull off than a traditional evening wedding. FI and I also really love breakfast foods, so it would totally be ideal for us!

I saw another poster on here talking about how she was going to be serving mimosas, coffee, juice and such before the ceremony as well. Personally, I'm less than human if I haven't had coffee so I would definitely want to provide this for my guests if I'm asking them to come to something in the morning.

But I have a few other questions, and want to make sure I won't slack in being a proper host. Is it appropriate to do a first dance or even have dancing at all during a brunch wedding? About how long did your wedding go for? I feel like a brunch wedding would be shorter than an evening wedding, but I could be totally wrong. Do you think serving croissants, muffins and fresh fruit would be acceptable? Or should I try to stick with more substantial foods, like the breakfast quiche and orange glazed French toast I saw on the list of options the caterer I'm interested offers. What did you or would you do as a dessert option?

Lastly, and I realize this could be applicable to either a brunch wedding or dinner wedding, do you think it would be appropriate for me to have table set up for both the ceremony and the reception? As in I would have assigned seating for everyone once they got to the venue, and they would be in their seats watching us get married. There would not be switchover from ceremony to reception. The place I'm looking at is a fairly large courtyard inside a Laguna Beach apartment complex-turned office building- with a few water fountains and plenty of room for seating. However, there isn't really anywhere for people to go while we have the courtyard turned over from ceremony into the reception area.

Please shower me with opinions and experience!
    My daughter had a morning church ceremony followed by a brunch buffet at a nearby country club.  This was the menu:

Carved roast beef with horseradish
    Glazed salmon
    Asperagus with hollandaise sauce
    Bacon and sausage  (Big hit with the men!)
    eggs benedict
    scrambled eggs
    hash brown potatoes
    fresh fruit
    danishes and bagels

mimosas and bloody marys
    sodas
    coffee, tea

There was some dancing, but don't expect a lot of people to take part.  Cake was served for dessert.  I think about 3 hours is maximum for the reception.  We had 135 guests.  We had a lot of good comments about the food.  It was all very elegant, with tablecloths, silver, white china.
    This was three years ago in the Maryland suburbs of Washington DC.  I think I paid $35 per person plus per consumption beverages.  This is for the food only, and does not include room charges, tax, or service fee.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I just wanted to add that I wouldn't like fish for brunch, not that it matters. I loooove fish, but early in the morning the smell makes me feel ill. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you serve waffles that would be a hit for me! I honestly think brunch/lunch weddings are more fun than evening receptions.  But I'm not a huge dancer either. Be a proper host and you are good!
  • saacjwsaacjw member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I just attended a brunch wedding and it was great! It was a buffet and the menu had a few types of fritatas, two kinds of french toast, crab cakes, salad, and a bunch of fruit. They had an alcoholic champagne punch, a regular punch, water, and coffee. I think tea would have been a nice addition, since I don't like coffee, but I was fine with the champagne and water. They had three kinds of cake too (which, oh my god, so good). 

The reception went from about 11 to 3. It was supposed to end earlier, but no one left on time because they were having fun. There was some dancing, but like @CMGagain said, not a ton. I think if the weather had been nicer and people had been able to go outside for games, like the bride and groom originally planned, there would have been very few people dancing. The DJ played mostly group dances, like the YMCA, Cupid Shuffle, etc, which seemed to get more people dancing. I'm not sure if that is the crowd or not though- the bride's family is from the town in Footloose, so most of them don't dance anyway. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would definitely do some hot foods, not just Continental breakfast. Gimme all the French toast. And crab cakes eggs Benedict. Having people seated at their tables for the ceremony is perfectly fine.

Brunch is my favorite meal. I had a birthday brunch party (OMG the bloody Mary bar!!!), and hosted Brunchgiving the Saturday after Thanksgiving instead of a dinner. (Pumpkin spice stuffed French toast, brie and pear tartlet, turkey quiche, sweet potato hash, etc. Everyone raved.)

• doeydodoeydo member
    I'm having a Sunday brunch wedding.  I still want to have the first dance and perhaps a mother/son and mother/daughter dance.  There will be a dance floor and some music going on during the whole reception, but not really like clubby music, obviously.  There will be coffee, tea, water, red wine, white wine, beer, alcoholic punch, and alcohol-free punch.  There is also a buffet of regular brunch/breakfast foods and a dessert buffet (I love sweets so I am kind of pumped about that).  FI and I also want to do the traditional wedding cake.  The ceremony starts at 11:00, I think, and my venue coordinator told me that usually brunch weddings wind down at about 5:00 or so, though we don't have to be out of there by a certain time or anything.  I also plan on having a bit of a cocktail hour between the ceremony (which will probably be pretty short) and reception.  
    As for having guests sit at their tables for the ceremony, I think that is fine, but some people might have to crane their neck or spin around in their chairs if their chair is facing away from the ceremony.  Maybe you could sit less people to a table so that no one has to sit completly facing away?
  • We had an 11:00 ceremony followed by a lunch reception.  We had dancing (and they actually danced!!!) and everyone had a wonderful time.

We had the option of doing brunch foods, but since the meal wouldn't be served until 1:00 (no gap, we had cocktail hour and then the first 20 minutes of the reception were intros and spotlight dances) DH wanted to have lunch instead of brunch.

Our menu:
    Salad & Rolls
    Plated meal with a choice of chicken, pork chops or meatloaf
    Cake
    S'Mores Bar

Our venue was BYOB so we had two kinds of beer, one red wine, one white wine and a sparkling wine along with rum, vodka and whisky.  Soft drinks and water were provided by the venue.

A brunch/lunch reception isn't any "easier" to plan.  The details are the same no matter what, but it saved us money and allowed OOT guests to make the trip in one day if they wanted to avoid the cost of a hotel room.

Our reception ended at 4:00 and we were packed up and headed home by 5:00.  We were able to get the car unloaded and get to bed early which made the 4:00 alarm a little less miserable the next morning.
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited May 2014
    I'm also planning a Sunday brunch wedding in May next year. Will probably invite between 100-130 people. Booked a venue, signed a contract:

I didn't get a choice with the timing. Ceremony starts at 11:30, reception from 12-5. I'm fine with this. Originally I wanted a little earlier, but then I remembered how early I'd have to wake up to get ready and do some pictures before hand!

Food/ drinks (I'm quoting from my original estimate):
    Mimosas, bloody mary's, champagne, juice/ soda throughout cocktail hour and reception. I think before the ceremony they'll serve some champagne/ water? Can't remember what we ended up with in the final contract right now. 

Cocktail hour: 
    6 passed hors d'oeuvres, cold display of crudite, seasonal fruits and imported cheese and two hot chaffered items (no idea what these will be)

The venue recommended a buffet for brunch instead of a plated, so that's what I'm doing:
    served fruit plate
    smoked salmon eggs benedict (this is my favorite thing ever)
    waffles and strawberries
    vegetable and cheese quiche
    some type of chicken dish
    some type of pasta
    potatoes and vegetables for sides
    bread baskets on each table with bagels, mini muffins, croissants, danish (I'm not sure what type of muffin/ bread will actually end up in there... but I hope it's all of the above!). Butter, jam, cream cheese, and loxspread for the bread/ bagels. 

Champagne toast
    multi-tiered wedding cake w/ sorbet and coffee and tea service
    I love dessert tables, but since we'll be serving danishes/ muffins/ and waffles, I don't think we need it. 

We basically went to the venues we liked and said "these are the things we want" (which included  the above main dishes and bread basket)... the venue we picked said "great! no problem!", gave us a pretty good price for our area ($59 pp in Southwestern CT, this includes food, tables, silverware, bridal attendants, centerpieces, champagne and snack for bride a head of time.. and probably things I'm forgetting, but it does not include service or tax, or the $500 fee for the ceremony), and then they tweaked it depending on chef's recommendations (I originally wanted french toast, chef recommended waffles instead as apparently they hold up a little better.)

I'm doing the full 5 hour reception because that is what is included in the package, but originally I wanted less time, and therefore little to no dancing (even though I kind of wanted a first dance). But, with five hours, I feel like we need to have some dancing. We'll probably play mostly light music,and classic jazzy Sinatra style, with a few current favorites mixed in. Plus I'll get to have my first dance and a father/ daughter, mother/son dance. My dad really wants the father/ daughter dance. I'm okay with it if not a lot of people dance. My main goal was yummy breakfast food and chit chat. 

It is not inappropriate to do all these things at a brunch wedding. As long as you provide seating and food for your guests, it's up to you. 

I think you could get away with a continental style breakfast if your wedding was very early and had a pretty short reception, but some guests may be disappointed, and hot breakfast foods are delicious. My aunt has already complained that I won't have enough food....

So, a brunch wedding can last as long as an evening wedding, and have all the traditional stuff, but does not have to. All depends on your options from the venue, and what you'd like to do. 

• I would love to attend a brunch reception as long as there's ample food. Serving coffee and juice before the ceremony also sounds great. As for dessert, some kind of fruit-topped cake could go really nicely with brunch, maybe something like this:

(This is my favorite cake ever, it's like a mille feuille topped with fresh berries and powdered sugar.)

It is totally appropriate to do all the traditional stuff like the toasts, first dances, etc. but guests may be less inclined to get up and dance than they would at an evening reception.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• This is so helpful, thank you!  

I will definitely be playing music through the reception and think I will have a first dance, along with the mother/son and father/daughter dance.  I of course wouldn't mind if other people want to dance but I'm not expecting this to be a big thing.

I love these food ideas, especially the Salmon Eggs Benedict - this would go over great with my crowd.  I think we'll do a cake and maybe have an assortment of French macarons, as I have a slight obsession with them.  Tea is a great suggestion @saacjw especially seeing as FI's family is from New Zealand and they're big tea drinkers.  Not that they don't also drink coffee, but tea is probably preferable for most.  Maybe I could have tea sets at each table as an option/part of a center piece.

I'm still going to try and think of a way to have the more standard seating arrangement for ceremony and then turn over for reception.  I'm not crazy about the idea of having them seated at their table for the ceremony, but at least I know it wouldn't really be offensive.  

I really appreciate all your input and suggestions.  I'm happy and relieved to hear people have been to and enjoyed this kind of wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• lilacck28lilacck28 member
    edited May 2014
    @lalalaurita That cake looks amazing! And I'm obsessed with Lucille. And Buster. 
  • that cake... I want it.. with my coffee... at 9am  @lalalaurita

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• nellesaur said:
    that cake... I want it.. with my coffee... at 9am  @lalalaurita

I have been known to show up at the coffee shop that sells that cake, first thing in the morning when they open. Incidentally that's how I met my FI.

I also love macarons, especially in pretty colors.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We are having a Sunday morning brunch wedding in September and are really excited for it! 

Our menu:
    Mini quiches
    milk shooters with doughnut holes
    A biscuit bar w/ scrambled eggs, bacon, etc.
    Mini bagels and lox
    A salad
    French toast
    coffee and tea
    mimosas, bloody marys, and one white wine option
    We will have two smaller cakes and carrot cake cupcakes as well!

We will be starting the ceremony at 10am (I know it's early!) and the reception will be over at 3.  We wanted to try and beat the summer Texas heat for the outdoor ceremony.  We will be having a DJ and a dance floor but the DJ told me he has done brunch weddings before and will change the music depending on if people are dancing or not.  Kind of test out the mood I guess!

We definitely saved money at our venue by having it on a Sunday, and in September.  However, brunch can still add up depending on your caterer!

My question:  Does anyone have experience with a 10am ceremony time line?

• slantta said:
    We are having a Sunday morning brunch wedding in September and are really excited for it! 

Our menu:
    Mini quiches
    milk shooters with doughnut holes
    A biscuit bar w/ scrambled eggs, bacon, etc.
    Mini bagels and lox
    A salad
    French toast
    coffee and tea
    mimosas, bloody marys, and one white wine option
    We will have two smaller cakes and carrot cake cupcakes as well!

We will be starting the ceremony at 10am (I know it's early!) and the reception will be over at 3.  We wanted to try and beat the summer Texas heat for the outdoor ceremony.  We will be having a DJ and a dance floor but the DJ told me he has done brunch weddings before and will change the music depending on if people are dancing or not.  Kind of test out the mood I guess!

We definitely saved money at our venue by having it on a Sunday, and in September.  However, brunch can still add up depending on your caterer!

My question:  Does anyone have experience with a 10am ceremony time line?

This is what we asked our DJ to do.  We wanted him to get people up and dancing, but if they weren't in the mood I wanted him to switch to mood music so people could visit and mingle without the louder music.  

I was really surprised at how much dancing there was, we wanted the brunch wedding to lessen the pressure on having a dance party since DH and I don't enjoy dancing (but we both danced the afternoon away).

photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • phiraphira member
    I've only been to one lunchtime wedding, and it was so non-traditional that my experience wouldn't be helpful. But I know of other brunchtime/lunchtime weddings, and they did all the traditional stuff. They also saved a ton of money on booze, even though all regular booze options were available. They still had a regular DJ who played music to get everyone dancing later in the reception, etc.

I love brunch and omg would love brunch can I have brunch now please.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • phira said:
    I've only been to one lunchtime wedding, and it was so non-traditional that my experience wouldn't be helpful. But I know of other brunchtime/lunchtime weddings, and they did all the traditional stuff. They also saved a ton of money on booze, even though all regular booze options were available. They still had a regular DJ who played music to get everyone dancing later in the reception, etc.

I love brunch and omg would love brunch can I have brunch now please.
    I would love to hear about your non-traditional lunchtime wedding experience as it's what I'm considering and all the "offbeat" or non-traditional suggestions I've ever heard have something to do with themes rather than the actual wedding experience.
  • KaurisKauris member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    We are doing a Saturday brunch wedding, brunch is our favorite, when we were house hunting we would go to brunch after to discuss options. FI proposed over brunch. 

We are starting at 11, so I am assuming that if anyone NEEDS coffee to function, they will, have already had it at their homes/hotels. Though we will provide an array of beverages.

Our menu is:
    Hors d'oeuvres: 
    • Mini Monte Cristo’s with Blueberry Compote
    • Warm Brie en Croute with Port poached figs
    • Curried Crab Cakes with Mango Chili chutney

Baskets of Breakfast Pastries, Popovers

Sliced Seasonal Fruit and Fresh Berries
    Spinach Salad with Chopped Egg, Blue Cheese and Toasted Pecans
    Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
    Gratin Potato Casserole
    Omelet Station with Assorted Toppings
    Spinach and Gruyere Egg Strata

We are having beer, wine, champagne, mimosas and poinsettias.

Our band is a Frank Sinatra singer, if people aren't dancing, we will be!

And our timeline is like this:
    08:00 am Caterer to arrive and house opened
    08:30 am Bridal Party to arrive and dress
    11:00 am Ceremony in the side lawn
    11:30 am Passed hors d'oeuvres and beverages and water on the front terrace
    11:55 am Full plates of food for the Bride and Groom upstairs
    12:05 pm Bride and Groom introduction on the Back Lawn
    12:07 pm 1st Dance in the backyard
    12:10 pm FOB to do welcome and blessing
    12:15 pm Buffet and Chef station open in the Backyard, Bride Groom table visits
    01:00 pm Cake cutting in the Ballroom
    01:01 pm Pass champagne for toasts to all guests
    01:05 pm Toasts in the Ballroom
    01:20 pm Move into the Living Room for Father/Daughter Dance with the band
    04:00 pm Bride and Groom to exit out the front door with Streamers to Limo
  • wrigleyvillewrigleyville member
    edited May 2014
    Brunch isn't so early that wedding cake and other desserts wouldn't be acceptable. If you think about it, we eat donuts for breakfast, not to mentions scones, pastries, and various things covered in syrup.

Plus, birthday parties for little kids tend to be in the afternoon, and cake is served.

Bottom line: Serve wedding cake and/or any other desserts you want. If it's in the summer, sorbet and/or ice cream might be fun. :)

I really wanted a brunch reception, but H and I chickened out when we realized how early we'd have to get up to get ready for our ceremony. We're night owls, so the idea of getting up at 6:00 or 7:00 on one of the busiest, most emotional days of our lives did not sit well. We both looooove brunch, though, I was pretty geeked over the idea of having omelette stations.
  • edited May 2014
    Thank you for your timeline @kasmith1 that's super helpful!

That's very true @wrigleyville! I don't think there's ever a bad time for cake!

Edited for line breaks.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @kasmith1
    omfg, your menu sounds amazeballs!  I want to eat all of that right now, please.
  • Two words: Donut Cake.

• I'm having a brunch reception because yum yum brunch food. It's from 11-3. 

Our ceremony is in a different room, but I did think about having it be the same seating arrangements as a reception. Two problems that made me nix it: (1) round tables = people craning their necks and sitting turned around is awkward and uncomfortable, and (2) the venue needs to have buffet stuff set up already and the room isn't big enough to have a ceremony AND a bunch of chafing dishes. Much as I love food, I didn't really want it to be our bridal party. Ask your coordinator at the venue what to do about the turnover time between ceremony and reception. They must have a standard procedure.

Menu will be "an assortment of fruits, mini muffins, danish, croissant, tea breads, coffee, tea, & juices," macaroni & cheese (idek, this is a built in part of their brunch menu), waffles, quiche, breakfast potatoes, bacon, some deli finger sandwiches, and CAKE. We had some other options to choose from but those are what I think we're going with.

We're not having dancing but I see no reason not to if you want to have it.

If you have relatives who care about tea and drink it preferentially, I'm going to give you some tea advice because most places in America do not make proper tea. Imagine if the entire country thought coffee was when you put really, really cheap decaf instant coffee in a cup of not-quite-hot-enough water. That is 99.9% of tea in the U.S. 
    1. To brew tea properly, you need to start with boiling water and pour it over the tea, not dip a tea bag in boiled water that's been carried to a table.
    2. You could certainly do teapots on the tables, but it'd have to be pre-brewed and probably still wouldn't be hot by the time guests sat down.
    3. It'd be easier to have tea as part of the beverage station and have a hot water dispenser or an electric kettle that can be easily refilled & used on an ad hoc basis. Most venues would have these or these for hot water and coffee, but they don't keep it hot enough to brew the tea properly. A Keurig does not in my experience get it hot enough either.
    4. Most teabags you can find commonly in the U.S. (Tetley, Lipton, Twinings, Bigelow) are pretty shitty. Yorkshire Gold or PG Tips are legit good tea, and oddly enough Tazo "Awake" English Breakfast is all right too. Make sure you have an English/Irish Breakfast option because not everyone wants to drink perfume (Earl Grey) or fruity stuff (Constant fucking Comment). Herbal tea is not tea.
    5. Have milk available, not just cream.

I know that's a lot, especially since your caterer will look at you like you've said you want them to hand grind the coffee beans if you ask for any of this. Your NZ guests however will probably not have had a good cup of tea since arriving in the U.S., and if you can go to the trouble of providing a decent option, they might appreciate it. OTOH, they also won't be expecting good tea, and if they're also coffee drinkers, though, they can probably just have that. 
    This is me reading threads on TK
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm having a brunch reception because yum yum brunch food. It's from 11-3. 

Our ceremony is in a different room, but I did think about having it be the same seating arrangements as a reception. Two problems that made me nix it: (1) round tables = people craning their necks and sitting turned around is awkward and uncomfortable, and (2) the venue needs to have buffet stuff set up already and the room isn't big enough to have a ceremony AND a bunch of chafing dishes. Much as I love food, I didn't really want it to be our bridal party. Ask your coordinator at the venue what to do about the turnover time between ceremony and reception. They must have a standard procedure.

Menu will be "an assortment of fruits, mini muffins, danish, croissant, tea breads, coffee, tea, & juices," macaroni & cheese (idek, this is a built in part of their brunch menu), waffles, quiche, breakfast potatoes, bacon, some deli finger sandwiches, and CAKE. We had some other options to choose from but those are what I think we're going with.

We're not having dancing but I see no reason not to if you want to have it.

If you have relatives who care about tea and drink it preferentially, I'm going to give you some tea advice because most places in America do not make proper tea. Imagine if the entire country thought coffee was when you put really, really cheap decaf instant coffee in a cup of not-quite-hot-enough water. That is 99.9% of tea in the U.S. 
    1. To brew tea properly, you need to start with boiling water and pour it over the tea, not dip a tea bag in boiled water that's been carried to a table.
    2. You could certainly do teapots on the tables, but it'd have to be pre-brewed and probably still wouldn't be hot by the time guests sat down.
    3. It'd be easier to have tea as part of the beverage station and have a hot water dispenser or an electric kettle that can be easily refilled & used on an ad hoc basis. Most venues would have these or these for hot water and coffee, but they don't keep it hot enough to brew the tea properly. A Keurig does not in my experience get it hot enough either.
    4. Most teabags you can find commonly in the U.S. (Tetley, Lipton, Twinings, Bigelow) are pretty shitty. Yorkshire Gold or PG Tips are legit good tea, and oddly enough Tazo "Awake" English Breakfast is all right too. Make sure you have an English/Irish Breakfast option because not everyone wants to drink perfume (Earl Grey) or fruity stuff (Constant fucking Comment). Herbal tea is not tea.
    5. Have milk available, not just cream.

I know that's a lot, especially since your caterer will look at you like you've said you want them to hand grind the coffee beans if you ask for any of this. Your NZ guests however will probably not have had a good cup of tea since arriving in the U.S., and if you can go to the trouble of providing a decent option, they might appreciate it. OTOH, they also won't be expecting good tea, and if they're also coffee drinkers, though, they can probably just have that. 
    Your menu sounds amazing!  I've got to stop reading these in the morning when I'm all hangry.

Thank you for the tea advice, keeping the tea hot on the table was a concern of mine as well.  I was thinking of having the tea pots ready at the tables with the teabags in them and then have someone go around and pour the hot water in them.  Or I could have the tea pre-brewed at the right temperature and steeped for the right amount of time, and then poured into the teapots once people have arrived.  Lipton is not a favorite for anyone I know!  I was going to get something from Teavana, probably a black breakfast tea.  Most of his family are huge Earl Grey fans so I may consider having both options if it's within the budget. They're a bit pricey but they're worth it.  I go there when I'm in the mood to indulge in some good tea leaves.  Milk will definitely be available as well as sugar at each table.

If all else fails I could always have decorative teapots with flower arrangements in them, and have the tea served appropriately at the beverage station.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• nellesaur said:
    blah blah
    Your menu sounds amazing!  I've got to stop reading these in the morning when I'm all hangry.

Thank you for the tea advice, keeping the tea hot on the table was a concern of mine as well.  I was thinking of having the tea pots ready at the tables with the teabags in them and then have someone go around and pour the hot water in them.  Or I could have the tea pre-brewed at the right temperature and steeped for the right amount of time, and then poured into the teapots once people have arrived.  Lipton is not a favorite for anyone I know!  I was going to get something from Teavana, probably a black breakfast tea.  Most of his family are huge Earl Grey fans so I may consider having both options if it's within the budget. They're a bit pricey but they're worth it.  I go there when I'm in the mood to indulge in some good tea leaves.  Milk will definitely be available as well as sugar at each table.
    Upton Tea is cheaper than Teavana although you have to order it. I love them. Otherwise,
    This is me reading threads on TK
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was looking on the website and this conversation caught my eye. I read all of your comments and all of them was very helpful, because we want a Sunday wedding with brunch being served. We are only having sixty to seventy guest. I didn't know where to start or what to serve so thanks a lot for our ideas as well as your experiences, and  congratulations to all.
  • We're getting married on 5 July - brunch style, vows at 11, all done by 3.  (our honeymoon begins with a concert 2 hours away, so we need to get out). This is a second marriage for both of us, so we're very low key with this.  If you want dancing, then dance! we are having a breakfast food and sandwiches no alcohol (just our decision) coffee, juice, tea and sodas.  Simple and easy.  Just do what you what to do - don't worry it will be great and most memorable!
  • Ok, of course having  a brunch wedding is not rude, but I would be pretty PO'd if I had to get up early to go to a wedding. I work very late sometimes and it's asking a lot for me to get up early when I don't have to. Of course I would come, but I would absolutely much prefer an afternoon or evening wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @lilacck28 i am also a ct bride but i am in central ct we are doing our venue in southington we have a evening reception 7-12 full sit down dinner open bar dj cake and centerpieces for 75 a plate not including tax and tip service charge
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards