Honeymoon Discussions

City and beach honeymoon?

Hi Knotties,

I have another "Where should we go on our honeymoon?" post! I've had my heart set on a tropical honeymoon, while my fiance likes cities, adventure, and doesn't think that there will be enough to do in the Caribbean besides sit on the beach (he doesn't like the beach and thinks it will be too hot in July anyways). I would really love to swim in tropical waters, snorkel, see marine life, etc.

So far, we've come up with two possibilities that may work:

1. Australia (Sydney then Port Douglas)

2. California and Hawaii (San Francisco then the Big Island/Maui)

This will be for July 2015 if that matters. If anyone has any thoughts, suggestions, or other ideas, we'd love to hear them! Thanks!

Re: City and beach honeymoon?

• hlvonbhlvonb member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    @AHopkins71

I like the 2nd option. I think it would work for both of you and what it sounds like you both want. 
  • Since July is part of Australia winter, I would check the average temps of both locations to make sure you'll be comfortable (not too hot for him or too cold for beach). After that I think it depends on buget and time. Option two will require less travel time. Depending on where in the US you are, option number 1 can mean 1-2 days of travel each way. Both options sound like fun and would fill both of your requests.

To throw another option in have you thought of a cruise? Then on the stops you can hit the beach & the towns and do some side trips but you would also have some down time on the ship to relax & recharge.

• mrsb53mrsb53 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    What about Miami? That is a big city for sure, but you still get the beach vibe and beach life. You could stay in South Beach. The water is nearly as clear and blue as it is in the Caribbean!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Cruise?  They are budget friendly, include most things, and you have a variety of activities you can choose to do.  What is your budget?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards