Wedding Woes

Catching up

What have y'all been up to?  What have I missed?  AW/vent here.

This week...man.
  • House went on the market a week ago yesterday.  (We don't like our assigned school and the Wooz is--sniffle--starting to kindergarten next year, so we're moving.)
  • Got to work Monday to find out that the engineer who handles technical questions on my product lines is a) on vacation this week, b) didn't tell me, and c) listed me as the person to contact in his absence.  I'm not much of (read: any kind of) an engineer, so I've been helping as best I can, but WTF?  Apparently they are short staffed and no one is crosstrained, and everyone is cool with it.
  • Had a bunch of showings on the house, so we were keeping it spotless, which is hard with an almost 5 y.o. and a 7 m.o.  The cat threw up on our (new) carpeting a couple of nights ago and I thought DH was going to have a seizure.
  • Former coworker here recommended me for an opening at his new company, which would be sweet for so, so many reasons, including being close to where we're moving. Passed the HR and hiring manager phone screens and I've been invited for the in-person interviews the week after next.
  • In between phone interviews yesterday, we got an offer on the house, negotiated it, and we're now under contract.  So we need to find a new house soon, but luckily we've been looking and we know which neighborhoods we like.  I think next weekend, we'll see our top few, make an offer, and I'll be nauseous and sleepless for a few days.
  • DS is teething, big time.  His front 4 are all in, now the ones on the sides are starting to erupt and making him fussy.
  • To follow up from an earlier post, DS is sitting now even without hauling him to a PT, and DCP has simmered down.

Your turn (whoever is here).

Re: Catching up

• Under contract in a week?!?!  Holy crap, congrats!

Nothing new here.  We pretty much live at the ball diamonds.  We're crazy busy but having fun with it.
  • AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Your post is stressing me out.  You have too much going on.  But YAY! about DS sitting up.  Who knew that kids develop at different rates?  Oh, yeah. We ALL KNEW.  Dumb DCP.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

I got tired reading that.

My only update is waiting to meet with a surgeon and DH being an asshat about taking sick time for me to go.

• All good stuff for the most part!  YAY!  :) 

Let's see:

*Working our butts off to get the house ready to be put on the market quickly.  

*Waiting on a job offer for DH. Hoping the $$ is right because it would settle so many things for us. 

*Once we know DH's job situation, we are going to get out and start looking for houses ASAP.  We also need to get crackin' on a pre-approval. 

*DefConn refuses to potty train. I don't even care.  We may not get to it until we move and get settled in our new house.  

*The kiddo's halfway through Jr. High.  One year from now, he'll be getting ready to start HS.  I cannot wrap my head around this. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards