Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Envelope sizing/where you bought yours

I am using some pockets from cardsandpockets.com for our invites. They are 5x7" exactly. I'm looking for inner and outer envelopes to use. They only have one size on their website that would work (A7 size which is 5.25 by 7.25). What would I use for an inner or outer envelope in addition to those? Is there a particular size? A website you went to for envelopes? Trying not to spend a TON but still want to do the traditional inner and outer envelopes.

Any ideas would be great!

Re: Envelope sizing/where you bought yours

• Options
    You need the envelope to be 1/4" larger than what's inside it, so A7 would need to be your inner envelope to fit a 5x7 card. You'll need an A7.5 to be the outer envelope if the inner is A7. 

A7 - 5.25x7.25, fits 5x7
    A7.5 - 5.5x7.5, fits 5.25x7.25

They sell A7.5 at Cards and Pockets (LINK), Paper Source (LINK) and Artzy Fartzy Invites (LINK). My envelopes came with my invitations though so I can't review any of them.

• Options
    First, if you're using pockets, you can save some money and skip the inner envelopes, just write the names on the back of the pocket.  It will still have the same traditional feel you're going for, and no one will miss an envelope they don't have to throw away.

That said, I used paperandmore.com. They were great. 

I ordered A7 which fit my invitations perfectly, and they had lots of great colors and a few different textures/materials.  I think you can even order a sample first.

Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Shoot, I missed both types of envelopes on their website! Thanks for the info. Not sure how I skipped over that! Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards