Wedding 911

Cold Sore 2 weeks before wedding!

I woke up yesterday and got to work only to find a cold sore forming on my lip!! This was my worst fear and its happening. I called my Dr and she prescribed me an Rx of Acylovir. Im taking that but im scared another is going to pop up right before.. Has this happened to anyone else?

Re: Cold Sore 2 weeks before wedding!

• You need to do anything you can to calm down and get rid of any stress that you can.  I know that is hard especially when you are this close to your wedding, but stress is a big contributing factor to cold sores.  Make sure to use lip balm/spf on and around your lips and also wash your hands regularly so that if you do touch the cold sore you can prevent it from spreading further.

But the main thing to do is relax and try to eliminate your stress.  Maybe get a massage or a nice long bubble bath.  Drink some wine, watch a movie, get lots of sleep.  Anything that relaxes you.

• I agree with the relaxation bit.  I got cold sores and I am terrified of this.  I use the Polysporin cold sore patches and they help quite a bit.  You can try those at night to help you as well.  

Do some relaxing stuff!  All the tough planning is done right?  All you gotta do is wait for the big day now :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Bottle of wine, CHECK! The medicine seems to be working, should hopefully be gone by next week. Hallelujah!

@goldchocobo, all the tough planning is done! Just the little things are left. Ive been stressing out about making sure the caterer will be paid the day of. Its funny, my FI was freaking out in the begining about money..now I'M the one stressing. We've paid for it all on our own. 

• Congrats on paying for it all on your own :)  That's awesome!  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards