Florida-Central Florida

Bella Collina

KnightsNurseKnightsNurse member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited April 2014 in Florida-Central Florida
I have been searching the last few months for the "perfect" venue in the central Florida area. I am completely in love with Bella Collina in Montverde, but I'm afraid from other posts I've read that their price for venue/food/drink is higher than my entire wedding budget. However, I feel I have some very good negotiating points if they're willing to work with me and many of the prices I've read about on here seem to be outdated compared to the emails they've sent me. Can anyone shed some light for me on if they're at least slightly flexible?

Does anybody know if they give a lower rate for a weekday (Tuesday) wedding? Also, does anybody who has ever worked with them think the caterers would be willing to prepare meat my family provides (my family handles gourmet quality seafood for a living) in exchange for a reduction in price? Also, neither my fiancé nor I drink and 90% of our guests don't either, would Bella Collina be willing to adjust beverage prices to accommodate an alcohol-free wedding?

My budget at this point would be meeting the $2500 site fee and paying no more than $40 per person after that (if they accept my no alcohol and meal proposal)...Thanks for any help! I realize these are all specific questions to ask at my appointment. I'm just trying to get a feel for them before I get my hopes up :/ 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bella Collina

• I have been searching the last few months for the "perfect" venue in the central Florida area. I am completely in love with Bella Collina in Montverde, but I'm afraid from other posts I've read that their price for venue/food/drink is higher than my entire wedding budget. However, I feel I have some very good negotiating points if they're willing to work with me and many of the prices I've read about on here seem to be outdated compared to the emails they've sent me. Can anyone shed some light for me on if they're at least slightly flexible?

Does anybody know if they give a lower rate for a weekday (Tuesday) wedding? Also, my family runs a fishing charter business in Alaska and could provide enough halibut and salmon to feed our attendees (save for a select few entrees for non-fish-eating guests); it is very important to me to utilize this resource--does anybody who has ever worked with them think the caterers would be willing to prepare this meat in exchange for a reduction in price? Also, neither my fiancé nor I drink and 90% of our guests don't either, would Bella Collina be willing to adjust beverage prices to accommodate an alcohol-free wedding?

My budget at this point would be meeting the $2500 site fee and paying no more than $40 per person after that (if they accept my no alcohol and meal proposal)...Thanks for any help! I realize these are all specific questions to ask at my appointment. I'm just trying to get a feel for them before I get my hopes up :/ 
    I don't foresee any reputable caterer using someone else's meat to cook their food. This is a HUGE liability on their end. If this is a hill you're worth dying on, I would suggest you find a caterer first willing to use the meat, and then finding a venue that will allow that caterer. 

imageimage

• I met with them and there is no way you will get that price to $40 a person. Try Mission Inn Resort in Howey in the Hills thats where we went instead and i am very happy :)
  • Yeah, our initial quote was $27,000 so they are, unfortunately, waaaay out of budget. We did end of picking a venue we love for a MUCH better deal who is willing to work with us catering wise :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards