Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Invites and response cards help

I need to figure out the wording of my invitations and response cards...

invitation: 

Mr. and Mrs. Father Ofthebride

request the pleasure of your company

at the marriage of their daughter

Ms. First Middle

to

Mr. First Middle Last

The second of August

two thousand fourteen

at four in the evening

Ceremony Location

Street address

City, State

Reception to follow

at Name of Country Club

Please note that these are not the fonts we are using, it's just how it copy and pasted.  We are not getting married in a church and my parents are helping pay for things and want to be called the hosts, so be it.

should I add the address to the country club because its not in the same town? are the Cs in country club capitalized? 

and the response cards:

The favor of your response is requested by

July 19th, 2014

M____________________

___will attend

___will not attend

Should I have a space for dietary restrictions? We are having a buffet with chicken, fish, beef, and vegetarian main courses, salad, rolls, potatoes and veggies. We also have vegetarian friendly appetizers. Is anything else missing?

Re: Invites and response cards help

• Options
    Typically if your reception is taking place in a different location then your ceremony you would include a Reception card with your invitation.  The reception card will provide the name and address of your reception venue as well as the time (which would be immediately following the ceremony).  Having both the ceremony and reception venue listed on the actual invite can make the invite look a bit cluttered and people may get confused as to where to go.

I would include a line for dietary restrictions just to be on the safe side.  It would be good to know if anyone is allergic to anything that could potentially be in a large amount of your food.  Also, make sure that your venue places small signs near the food the buffet to denote what is included in the dishes.  This will help any of your guests who have allergies or dietary restrictions know what and what not to eat.

• Options
    emmyg65emmyg65 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Country club is only capitalized if you're referring to it by name:

I'm getting married at Springfield Manor Country Club.
    I'm getting married at the local country club.

Also, four o'clock is still the afternoon, not evening.
  • Options
    Essentially, your wedding invite needs to have three components: the invitation, the reception card, and the RSVP card. Since your ceremony and reception are at different venues, you can't have 'reception to follow' on your invite; it needs its own card.

PPs are right that you only capitalise 'country club' if you're using its full name -- i.e., West Shore Country Club.

If your parents are hosting, you don't get a title. (If you and your FI were hosting, neither of you would use titles.)

Your invite should read:

Mr. and Mrs. Father Ofthebride
    request the pleasure of your company
    at the marriage of their daughter

BrideFirst Middle

to

Mr. GroomFirst Middle Last

Saturday, the second of August
    Two thousand fourteen
    at four o'clock in the afternoon

at

Ceremony site
    Address

On a separate card, you would have:

Reception to follow at
    Reception venue
    address

For the RSVP card, what you have is fine, although I might do two lines for names:

M_________________________

___ Will attend
    ___ Will not attend
    Anniversary

I'm gonna go with 'not my circus, not my monkeys.'
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    edited May 2014
    I missed this one yesterday.  HisGirlFirday13 has it correct.  Capitalizing "Two thousand fourteen" is optional.  "In the afternoon" is also optional.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    HappyAnjelHappyAnjel member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited May 2014
    Thank you all! I made all the changes suggested. Just one more question, what do I do with the Reception card? Do I just put it in the envelope with the invitation? Or do I need to get/make one of those pocket things to keep all them in? Sorry, I've never actually received a separate reception card!
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    edited May 2014
    The invitation goes into the envelope with the invitation on top and the smaller inserts in front of it.  Pocketfolds are a current fad.  An envelope is enough. 
    This is from Emily Post:

How to Stuff the Envelopes
    1. When two envelopes are used, insert the invitation (folded edge first for a folded invitation, left edge for a single card invitation) , so that when the envelope flap is opened, you see the printed side of the invitation.
    2. When there are enclosure--reply card and envelope, map, printed directions--they are placed on top of the invitation, printed sides up, in size order with the smallest on top. Again, when the flap is opened, the printed side should be visible. If the invitation is folded, insertions are stacked in size order - smallest on top - but within the fold.
    3. The inner envelope is then sealed and placed in the outer envelope, so when the outer envelope flap is lifted, the name(s) of the guest(s) is visible.

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards