Wedding Reception Forum

Disney-Pixar Up Themed Wedding

Does anyone have ideas for a subtle way to incorporate an Up theme to a wedding? I know that basics such as balloons, grape soda pins, and the adventure book, but I am trying to come up with some other ideas as well. Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
My Wedding Blog!
kelsdeliciouslife.wordpress.com

Re: Disney-Pixar Up Themed Wedding

• BHoward1126BHoward1126 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012

Instead of a money tree do a large glass jar with "paradise falls' on it. I think that would be amazing!

• How about the white mailbox with yours and your future hubby's hand print as the "card box"? I love the "paradise falls" glass jar idea!! 
  • You can't forget Kevin! Might be a bit much but maybe some earrings like this?
    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb8bu861O71qj9wxoo1_500.jpg

This is also an outfit guide for an Up themed wedding:
    http://data.whicdn.com/images/37022991/tumblr_m8yn4pkEgn1qj9wxoo1_1280_large.jpg

Maybe a bunting that says Adventure is out there?
  • We used "Married Life", the song that plays during the montage of their lives, as our recessional.
  • OP probably doesn't need help with this anymore. This thread is from over 2 years ago. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Keep it going.  I need I ideas now. LOL

• @mapstone Start your own thread!  Not only is this one really old, it has terrible/rude ideas like a money jar.  Also... themes are kind of weird.  It has to be subtle.  A few decorations like balloons are okay, maybe using some of the music, but go too far on this theme and it will look like a kid's birthday party.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I wouldn't call themes weird. Just don't go over board and buy cheesy things. I love Up. Adventure is out there!

• leelabear said:

I wouldn't call themes weird. Just don't go over board and buy cheesy things. I love Up. Adventure is out there!

I would.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited May 2014
    Themes are weird indeed. They are weddings, not bat mitzvahs
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Themes are weird indeed. They are weddings, not bat mitzvahs
    Bat mitzvahs do not need themes either.  The only "theme" of mine was "bat mitzvah."
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Guestbook:
    image.image.
    Boutonnieres: 
    Disney UP Themed Wedding.
    Grape soda pin boutonniere from Disney's UP.Card box:
    image.Cupcakes/cake:
    Disney UP Wedding Cupcakes Balloons.Carl and Ellie UP Chair Disney Wedding Cake.
  • leelabear said:

I wouldn't call themes weird. Just don't go over board and buy cheesy things. I love Up. Adventure is out there!

They are weird.  It's a wedding, not a kids birthday party.  When I see themed weddings, I question the maturity of the couple getting married.
  • JoanE2012 said:

leelabear said:

They are weird.  It's a wedding, not a kids birthday party.  When I see themed weddings, I question the maturity of the couple getting married.

Absolutely! Especially something Disney themed
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This thread is over 3 years old, ya'll. @KnotPorscha‌ can you close it please?

• doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    leelabear said:

Sheesh, why can't adults love Disney?  
  • doeydo said:

JoanE2012 said:

leelabear said:

They can. Still doesnt mean you should have a Disney themed wedding. IMO anyway.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • doeydo said:
    leelabear said:

Excellent question! As someone who has worked at Walt Disney World for years, it's a big part of my life and my fiance's life. You can bet your ass we'll have some Disney touches for our wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards