Luxury Weddings
Options

Menu with Invite?

alm&mdmalm&mdm member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited February 2014 in Luxury Weddings
Okay ladies, every time I venture to the big boards...well it's generally not a nice experience so I'm asking this here. I'm having this debate about the invites, which i need to order very soon so I can package them to go on an overseas trip in a couple months. Why risk international mail when we can pack them and hand deliver?

We are doing a seated dinner but each table with have their own waiters and select items they want table side as the waiters float around with food. We liked this because then you can make whatever meal combo you want without having to wander around to food stations. Its really a cross between seated and buffet style. 

Should we include a menu card in the invitation so people at least have some idea what we're serving? Or do we just do the standard attending/not attending RSVP card and make no mention of the meal and place menus on the tables at the reception? 

As a guest do you mind walking in blind to the meal or prefer to see what's in store?

Re: Menu with Invite?

• Options
    We are having tableside ordering but I am just doing menus at the reception.  It might be nice to have a preview, but people will forget and most likely need to see menus again at the reception, so you'd need to do 2 sets of menus.  I would just do the one set for the reception and also put the menu on your wedding website if you want to give guests a preview.
  • Options

I agree with @crazycatlady3, especially on the wedding website idea!

• Options

I wouldnt do a menu card with your invite. It seems like overkill. Most people can probably figure out what is most likely to be served (steak, fish, chicken, etc) I also dont think it needs to go on your website, and I have never seen that.

But I do think that a menu card at each place setting or at least one on each table would nice. We had a "belly band" around our napkins that laid out the menu.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldn't do it with the invites either.

I've seen either a framed menu or two on the table next to the table number, which is a nice touch, and I've seen menus laid on each plate.

Our venue automatically includes a personalized menu on each plate, but I'll do the x beef, x chicken x seafood list on our RSVP cards to give the venue the odds for each kind of dish. 

• Options
    KatWAG said:

I wouldnt do a menu card with your invite. It seems like overkill. Most people can probably figure out what is most likely to be served (steak, fish, chicken, etc) I also dont think it needs to go on your website, and I have never seen that.

But I do think that a menu card at each place setting or at least one on each table would nice. We had a "belly band" around our napkins that laid out the menu.

We did this- one card per setting.

• Options
    Thanks ladies! I was going to have a few framed on each table. We are doing thank you rounds at each setting and I didn't want the plates to be too overwhelming with a menu too.

I'm starting to stress over all these small details.
  • Options

Unless you are doing something unusual on food, you will be fine letting them pick when they get their like a regular resturant. You can opt to put on your rsvp "Please let us know if you have any dietary restrictions" in the event someone has a special food allergy (example, my nephew can't eat anything with chicken or even made with chicken broth - so we had to make sure the venue didn't prepare anything with chicken broth) you can let your venue know and make accomodations in plenty of time.

• Options
    For table side ordering I would want an individual menu. Otherwise some of your guests will have to make hasty decisions about their meal once a menu card frees up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards