Florida-South Florida

NY bride looking for FL venue

My fiancé and I currently live in Long Island, but we are moving to Boca area this summer. Since we don't know the area yet, we are having difficulty finding a suitable reception venue for under 100 people for a Nov 2014 wedding. (I know we're pushing the date limit). We want something botanical, but near water as well. Since all of our guests will be traveling from out-of-state, it would be ideal that the venue also has lodging. We have a set budget, so places like The Addison are out of our range. Everyplace looks great on paper, but I would love to know which places are the local favorites. Thanks!!

Re: NY bride looking for FL venue

• In Fort Lauderdale, you might try the Hyatt Pier 66 (spectacular views and a beautiful venue/hotel).  There is also B Ocean,and  Marriott Harbor Beach.
    If budget is more of a concern, try the Bahia Mar.  It does not have a spectacular look from the outside, but they do a great party and the views are very nice.  For more of a restaurant feel (80 people MAX.) call Bimini Boatyard.  There are hotels across the street, the food is spectacular and the prices are the most reasonable.  
  • I'm getting married next month at the B Ocean on Fort Lauderdale Beach and our wedding will be about 100 people. Of the options on the beach it was the most reasonably priced. The views from the reception area are amazing, the menu options are great and the planning has gone very smoothly. This is a destination wedding for us and most of guests are staying at the B Ocean and at the Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort (which is walking distance from the B Ocean). It has turned out to be the perfect spot for us!
  • Try Lakeside Terrace they should be able to accommodate your needs. Try even Long Key Nature Center and get a caterer to do everything else I have a person doing mine if you would like some more information
  • Sundy House in Delray Beach may be nice and hit your price point.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards