Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

teeth whitening

What (affordable) options have worked for you? How long ahead should I start?

Re: teeth whitening

• I just used the Crest Whitestrips.  I believe I bought the professional version.  I can't really remember how far out I started using them but I probably started a few months before.

• I'm also using Crest Whitestrips. I've used them before and they work great!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Oh and I always put the strips on before getting in the shower or when I would paint my toenails or other similar things just because it would be killing two birds with one stone.

• emmyg65emmyg65 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Crest Whitestrips. That's actually what my dentist recommended when I asked about the fancy whitening thing they offer.
  • Oh and I always put the strips on before getting in the shower or when I would paint my toenails or other similar things just because it would be killing two birds with one stone.
    I do this too! If I put them on before I get in the shower then I know I'm going to use them everyday and by the time I finish getting ready it's been 30 minutes.
  • TeddiD34TeddiD34 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2014

The kind you get from your dentist (for use overnight), work insanely well. A bit pricy due to having to get molds made, but well worth it :)

ETA sorry, I missed the affordable  bit. It's still not too pricey though.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @TeddiD34 lol, thanks though! Thanks everyone! Looks like I'll give the whitestrips a try. I didn't want to get them if they didn't work. It's a lot of money if it was just a gimmick. What a great idea for the shower too!
  • When I got my lasik done in my eyes, the center offered a free Zoom Whitening, and I did not notice much of a difference. 

My dentist recommended trying the crest whitestrips and then if I did not like the results I could get one of the kits from her.  Insurance usually does not cover the kit and I think through my dentist it was like $305.

Anniversary
  • @Dignity100‌ did you get any side effects from the Zoom? I saw a groupon for this and was looking into it and read that people get nerve pain during and after.
  • @Mitch617 - There was some discomfort at my gumline but that was about it for me.  Honestly, I wasn't really happy with the results and I'm glad I did not pay additional $$ to have it done.  I had 1 20-minute session.

Anniversary
  • None but probably the whitestrips.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards